Welsh Music Videos and Audio Files

This one?
http://www.emusic.com/album/dan-amor/adlais/12479686/

1 Like
2 Likes

This band won best new band at the Gwobrau’r Selar and I really like them.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Does anyone know the name of the all girl band that were interviewed on Radio Cymru a few nights ago. They were sort of folk rock. They mentioned Eric Clapton etc as their influences, but I would have said they were a little bit like All saints.

Adwaith. From Carmarthen. Not really very much like All Saints, though. :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, thanks, Rob. That was them. The song was “Haul”. :slight_smile:
OK, Banarama - Cruel summer.
I’ll leave it there :thinking:

Just wanted to share this. One of my favourite Welsh singers Lowri Evans is releasing a new album in May but also has some very interesting and tempting offers including doing a gig for you in your own home! I have succumbed and ordered a personalised bespoke song. I can’t wait!

3 Likes

Some excellent ideas there - @Deborah-SSi, I think that deserves a plug in the email? :slight_smile: :star2:

2 Likes

Shan Cothi may be Marmite to some people ar y radio, but you can’t deny she’s got a set of lungs on her

Ignore the shaky camera work at the start though…

2 Likes

In the late 90s, a work colleague/friend of mine was putting on fund raising concert events to finance the 2000 Llanelli Eisteddfod. A little known local singer was booked well in advance for one of these events. I’m not sure if there was any fee, but if so it would have been minimal. By the time that the concert was to take place, she had become well known.

I still remember my friend telling me how impressed he was, when Shan contacted him to mention that she was keeping her diary free so that she could honour the booking.

2 Likes

She does cheer me up on the way to and from an unfulfilling job (I listen to the previous day’s programme via iplayer).

So much so that I listen to the introduction at the start and if I hear ‘… Bore Cothi ar BBC Radio Cymru’ instead of ‘… Bore Cothi gyda Shân Cothi ar BBC Radio Cymru’ then I let our an audible groan. Sorry Heledd Cynwal.

1 Like

I’m new here, so apologies if I repeat something [the wall is quite massive].
Welsh bagpipes - Morfa Rhuddlan / Digan y Pibydd Goch

4 Likes

That sounded great. I have a friend who plays in The City of Swansea Pipe Band.

This fellow makes bagpipes, I believe, and special Welsh style with the PIbgorn chanter …

1 Like

I love this

Hope she sings it at parti ssiw

2 Likes

HAUNTING Cover of a song by ‘Trees’ an 1970s English folk band song who decamped to West Wales to learn about Celtic culture and get new material. They met with Heather Jones while there its claimed.

2 Likes

the ‘distantdreamer93’ channel is great for English and Welsh subtitles (is-deitlau) on screen

2 Likes