Welsh Music Videos and Audio Files

Excellent baritone Thomas L Thomas, whose parents apparently couldn’t decide on a first name for. Better singer than Terfel imo.

1 Like

3 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

@robbruce Just want to say thanks for all of these…I’ve been so busy lately I haven’t had time to go through them yet, but there’s several by bands I like and some I don’t know, so I’m excited for enjoying music I like and discovering some new songs/bands :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Croeso Anna.

1 Like
1 Like

I don’t know what to make of this. Geth and Ger visited their old primary schools and spoke to the children about Christmas and how it all works. Then Hywel Pitts used the children’s cute misconceptions to write a song.

It’s a good attempt at a clichéd Christmas song with all the recognisable elements, and it’s reasonably amusing on first hearing, but I’m not sure whether it’s laughing along with the naivety of the young people or laughing at them. Or maybe I’m over-analyzing it.
Music geeks might like to learn that Dyl Mei (Pep le Pew / Genod Droog) plays bass on this and Ifan Siôn Davies (Sŵnami / yr Eira) plays guitar. Both of them work as producers at BBC Bangor.

https://soundcloud.com/lowri-evans/this-year_lowri-evans-and-lee-mason

https://soundcloud.com/lowri-evans/y-flwyddyn-ma_lowri-evans-and-lee-mason

Lowri Evans and Lee Mason have a new Christmas song - Welsh and English version :slight_smile:

4 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

Serious warning: This video contains scenes that some people may find shocking or disturbing including mildly sexual images and scenes of the aftermath of extreme violence.

PLEASE DON’T WATCH THIS IF YOU ARE EASILY DISTURBED!

By the way, yes, that is her out of Bang, the S4C series.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Odd how I don’t feel I need to give warnings over two songs about getting hammered in Caernarfon… :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, mundane everyday experiences and all that… :wink:

2 Likes

Or rather, it’s her out of Cadno [neu Llwynog yn yr Gogledd] in Bang. My Welsh Course teacher has been encouraging us to watch various S4C series, but always has to add the caveat ‘contains explicit sexual content’ and them tells us ‘it’s not really that racy’’. Yet one for the grown ups obviously, sorry @Milla

I am wondering which came first the song or the series and whether they were intended to link together?

1 Like