Welsh Music Videos and Audio Files

Umm… is it published, or a private link? If the latter, maybe good to get permission… :slight_smile:

Ar hyn o bryd it is available on YouTube, like the majority of links in this thread.

2 Likes

Hi Aran, Its the published link. However, even though it’s free to listen to, it invites payment for optional downloading and has the usual adverts at the bottom; usual stuff. I’m not sure if it would be appropriate to post without your permission.

In any case, it is available by searching: Un Bore Mercher Music.

I think I’ll just leave it like that as we will all see this post now and it keeps the thread a little neater.

1 Like

If it’s free to listen to, then I think sharing it is helping them and definitely okay… :slight_smile:

OK, thanks …>
See below

1 Like
2 Likes

Diolch i ti, @JohnYoung! Thanks to you, I did a bit more searching, and found that the album was just released on Spotify in the US. I’m very happy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not Welsh but one for all you SSI Cornish-ers out there - from the superb new Cornish language album, Le Kov, by the peerless Gwenno:

This particular track is Eus Keus? You may better recognise the words in Welsh as ‘Oes Caws’. (Or, if you haven’t got to food items yet, Is There Cheese?)

4 Likes
4 Likes

I sneakily watched this at work, you beat me to posting it here!

3 Likes

No video but a great listen!

3 Likes

My son Oli is on bass and rapping-song for Wales. Be interested if any say something in Welsh learners are going to the pan celtic festival in letterkenny Ireland in April. Paul Bradley

1 Like

Please take a look at the song for Wales-cofio Hedd Wyn 2018. My son is on bass and rapping. Is anyone going to the Pan Celtic music festival In Ireland next month from say something in Welsh? Be good to catch up. Paul Bradley

It was Gwenno’s pervious album that first made aware of welsh language music (via heavenly records), and subsequently learn the language. Y Dydd Olaf is great and I really really like this one too. Can’t wait for the LP to turn up in the post over the coming days.

2 Likes

Just ordered the 7". Brilliant band!

Is anyone going to the Gwenno Saunders gig in Hoxton (London) on 12 April?
It looks like it’s going to be a good one:

1 Like

I’m an idiot and didn’t book a ticket before it sold out :frowning:

2 Likes

Discovered Y Cyrff recently, it’s helpful that the boxset is free to stream on Amazon if you have Prime.

Obligatory youtube link:

2 Likes

This is in tribute to MC Chef, news of whose death emerged today. He’s seen here rapping alongside MC Sleifar, otherwise known as Steffan Cravos.

WARNING! Serious, industrial-strength swearing! In English!

1 Like