Welsh Music Videos and Audio Files

caernarfon band, modern punk, very sweet song about the ups and downs of day to day life, the title is a colloquial ’ love you gorgeous’, always makes me smile when i see english words spelt phonetically in welsh :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great song by Plethyn called Hyddgen. Can’t find lyrics or anything to though. Showcases the Welsh language very well I think

1 Like

As it’s Easter, it must surely be time for Datblygu’s ‘Dros Y Pasg Eto’ (Over Easter Again). This is a 1988 Peel session reworking of their earlier track, ‘Dros Y Pasg’, which appeared on the ‘Caneuon Serch i Bobl Serchog’ cassette-only release.

David Edwards (singer) describes the song in the liner notes thus:

“A long song about a long term boring childhood in Cardigan. It has the only motorway in Ceredigion luckily it is a by pass so take the hint. A town with taste e.g. a wooden effigy of Christ outside the Catholic Church and a slaughter house which has been converted into a theatre.”

2 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Welsh Gigs - DATES AND LOCATIONS!

By any chance, does anyone know the words to the song “Ann Llwyd” by Meic Stevens? It is on his album “Icarws”. I’d like very much to learn it, and have been playing along with the cd on my guitar, but apparently my listening skills aren’t yet good enough to figure out the lyrics. If anyone is able to help with this, I’d greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

I recommend everything by Y Cyrff as well, as well as their more famous incarnation when Cerys Matthews joined them to become Catatonia and their post-Catatonia Y Ffyrc incarnation.

If you’re lucky, for just a few quid from a bargain bin, you can pick up a retrospective box set of CDs containing practically everything y Cyrff recorded. It was released around fifteen years ago on Rasal, and is called Atalnod Llawn 1983-92

1 Like

Yep, got my copy a few years back from Sebon/Sadwrn when it they were still operating. Used to be the only place I could get hold of CDs of Welsh language artists like Y Cryff and Mattoidz

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Saw this on Hansh the other day.

1 Like

Yn Rhydiau’r afon - (fords of the river) is a Welsh idiom meaning "to be on one’s deathbed - I believe

3 Likes

Very catchy.

1 Like

Something to put a gwên (smile) on your faces

Calonogol/ Heartwarming

1 Like

Clawr gan Mary Hopkin - Cover

3 Likes

I was just listening to Radio Cymru now and the opening song for Level one south by Lleuwen Steffan just came on. I thought I’d accidentally put on SSiW!

4 Likes