Welsh Music Videos and Audio Files

My second attempt to post this for
Black History Month Cymru.

3 Likes

Good punk song efo geiriau

2 Likes

lol Cymraeg/ nonsense Welsh … but fun tune!

2 Likes

I’m going to have to stop you on a technicality. You can’t ‘raise’ me with another vid from my own YouTube channel! :wink: :smile:

3 Likes

Mi dria eto!

Obscure song trump card!

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Efallai byddi di’n mwynhau’r gân ma!

Perhaps you will enjoy this song! … important social history about the Rebeca riots and fight against unfair road taxes on the “little” people of SW Wales…they certainly did not stay small! :wink:

4 Likes
1 Like

Yes, thank you. It’s a great song and points out the strength of the Welsh spirit. The injustice is palpable!
I wonder where the memorial stone with Rebeca on it is placed? I don’t think I have seen it, except in photos or video.
Diolch i ti.

1 Like

hud a lledrith

3 Likes
3 Likes

Thanks for these @brynle I was brought up on the Border between Northumberland and Scotland, so the sound of the pipes, from both sides was always part of the background. I play the Northumbrian smallpipes and would love to get hold of the music for these tunes. It may sound daft in the extreme, but these tunes give me a sense of a shared heritage.

1 Like

There’s an old joke, isn’t there, that goes something like:

What’s the difference between the Scottish and the Northumbrian pipes?

Well, the Northumbrian pipes is a musical instrument…

Oddly enough, I was looking at a new follower on my YouTube channel the other day, and they had posted some traditional Balkan music featuring a hurdy gurdy and some bagpipes! Turns out that the bagpipes were first developed by the Hittites in Asia Minor three thousand years ago.

3 Likes

Yes, but be careful where you tell it as it doesn’t go down well in all the pubs in the Border country.

1 Like
4 Likes

Mae’n bleser gen i :slight_smile:

My father is from Fife and his family play the pipes… so I’ll keep an eye out for Welsh pipes for you :smiley:

QUESTION TO ALL … what type of audio files can I post here? Just music? or stuff to help dysgu Cymraeg?

New from Adwaith.

2 Likes

They are one of my favorite Welsh bands…just brilliant. Excited for their album Melyn to release on October 12.

1 Like

Shw mae, Brynie:

I’m not an admin, so my answer is far from definitive, but I’ve always seen this thread as music only, either videos or audio, like Soundcloud. You can always start a new thread in the “General” area and keep adding to it. that’s my suggestion.

1 Like

Me too. I’ll be seeing them live in a couple of weeks, supporting Gwenno. Really looking forward to that.

1 Like