Welsh Music Videos and Audio Files

A long, long time ago, Sion Jobbins was in a pop group.

Dim Problem - A new band from the Ystrad Mynach area which attends Welsh events including Learner events (see facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/dimprobs/) There is no website but a YouTube channel with some well known tunes plus originals

If any one is interested in playing the ukulele through the medium of Welsh there is a group that meets at Penallta Rugby Club, Ystrad Mynach on Tuesdays. https://sites.google.com/site/iwcsycwm2015/home

1 Like

Hei Rob, sut wyt, ffrind?

Da iawn diolch, mêt. Ti dal yn dreifo’r loris?

Ydw:-

Mae’r ffordd ar hyd yr arfordir Sir Benfro yn tlws iawn, serch ‘chydig cûl… on i’n canolbwyntio lot, a weithiau yn pwyntio’r lori mewn canol y lôn :relieved:
Heddiw, dwi ‘di dreifio i Braunton (Gwlad yr Haf, lle ges fy ngeni) ag ar hyn o bryd dwi’n eistedd yn ‘stafell aros Iceland, Swindon). Rhaid peidio eistedd yn y lori…:face_with_raised_eyebrow: achos yn y gorffennol mae rhai dreifwyr wedi symud loris yn achosu damweiniau…twps…:weary: Dwi’n eistedd ar sedd anghyfforddus yn gwrando ar teledu diflas iawn, felly.
Jysd fel pob un arall, mae’r swydd yn weithiau siomedig, weithiau ocê, weithiau eitha dda, yn awr ac eilwaith lyfli

Anorac

Apologies if someone has posted this already and I’ve missed it. Not watched it myself yet, but my Welsh mate says it’s really good, so can’t wait to settle down one night and get stuck in!.

https://www.s4c.cymru/clic/programme/802310042

The lead singer of this young up and coming Welsh rock band GWILYM is a friend of mine, and has been a significant factor in me finally learning Welsh seriously after 40 years of saying I wanted to.

They are a fantastic band, and attract large crowds from all over Wales. Now bringing their music across the border too!

2 Likes

Seen them a few times in clwb ifor bach. They’re brilliant.

1 Like

Hi Jackie - good to know you’re finally getting there! Scroll up a bit (a lot, actually, I never realised how much stuff there is on there) and you’ll find this:Welsh Music Videos and Audio Files

1 Like

Always great to see a male harpist! :smiley:

(ps - don’t think I have the hang of how this messaging platform works so I was referring to the breton vid!)

1 Like

p.s. if it can be useful to understand how it works: on your post, can you see on the top right an arrow and the name of the one you answered to?
If you click on it, you can see Siaron’s message/post you answered to (no matter if it’s 50 posts above!).

Same way, on her post, bottom left, there’s “1 reply”. By clicking on it you can see all the replies right under it.

not sure I’ve cleared it out, but I swear I did my best! :sweat_smile:

Hey G-A
Llewar o ddiolch! That helped. :slight_smile:

\Neidia/ · Gwilym

2 Likes
1 Like

Some folks and I have started a topic and database to collect song lyrics and have created a listening “challenge” to transcribe our favorite songs together as best we can from what we can make out. I added your lyrics for Fel I Fod to the “Official Lyrics” tab, crediting you and Ochr1. If you would like me to take it down, just let me know and I will get right on it!

I am posting a link to the database and the new topic below. Everyone is welcome to join us and add lyrics and songs to the project!

2 Likes

I’m not sure if she’s posted this somewhere else, but this is by a fairly new SSiWer - one track in Welsh on her recent album

3 Likes

diolch yn fawr gan y [translation] - came across this song recently listening to radio cymru - hardd iawn!

She did earlier and once again just some minutes or so ago … Interesting stuff on that album, not all Welsh but definatelly good (fo my taste) :slight_smile: