Welsh Music Videos and Audio Files

Sorry, fixed now :slight_smile:

One happy song.

I already “fell in love” with this band. :slight_smile:

hmm…not aware of any Welsh language metal bands either, but Wales does have the very best stoner/doom bands, but all English language as well.

1 Like

Heavy Metal is one genre that does absolutely nothing for me, to the extent that I’m not really sure how it’s even defined these days. A band called Y Trydan did a session for C2 a few years ago - they were rock verging on metal, I suppose.

In the past there have been a couple of notable art-metal acts - Y Rei and Ashokan, but again I’m not sure if they are what you’re after.

Also, and you may find this difficult to believe, a Metal band called Eryr won the C2 battle of the Bands competition back in 2003. The drummer and vocalist/bassist later abandoned the group in order to concentrate on their younger brother’s band - Cowbois Rhos Botwnnog!

3 Likes

I’ve also been looking for Welsh Language Heavy Metal bands for quite a while too. Been thinking about just starting up one, become pioneers for Welsh heavy metal! Maybe with a sound like Rammstein (vocally), Lamb of God, Five Finger Death Punch or Thy Art Is Murder (unless that’s too heavy???)

2 Likes

Diolch for them links Rob, I knew you’d come up with something. I’m in work tonight but I’ll check them out in the morning.

That’s an idea to think about @faithless78, I don’t know any Welsh speaking vocalists. Not much is too heavy, Lamb of God is probably my favourite band from the last decade or so.

Not heavy metal but just heard of new bands and artists performing all over Wales this summer.
Video clip on:

Horizons Gorwelion project

3 Likes

Geraint Lovgreen performing ‘Yma Wyf Innau i Fod’ on the Noson Lawen stage in Caernarfon.

6 Likes

Thank you for all this music. Interestingly enough I can find almost everything on eMusic for purchase so I’m slowly filling my music library with your suggestions fo Welsh music.

Diolch yn fawr iawn i bawb. :slight_smile:

Ah, Noticed people wanting a bit ‘heavier’ music…so while this is pretty obscure stuff (youtube wise) it might be up your street/ at eich dant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykntr-CZsGw

1 Like

Gig Archubwch Pantycelyn (From the Save Pantycelyn gig?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIIfLqJVF50

2 Likes

Appropriate given the weather outside my window right now:

Just to warn you, whether you love this song or hate it you WILL end up singing it!

5 Likes

Great band! I love it. Any chance of Welsh lyrics & interpretation?! :smile::smile::smile:

Love it - gwych !!

Sŵnami’s debut album has been released today :smile:

I’ve just listened to this and its a great album, they could have played it safe and just made it a collection of their more popular tunes, but their sound has really matured over the years and they’ve put together a top quality album

5 Likes

Dwi’n hoffi ei llais :blush:

Im liking her voice on this one.

Lodes (lassie) from Dyffryn Clwyd (Vale of Clwyd)

2 Likes

5 Likes

It’s not in Welsh (because this is the song they wrote for an ‘international’ festival in the Netherlands), but it’s such a fun video that I have to share it: :smile:

2 Likes

Well, after seeing everyone go crazy for Yws Gwynedd at Meifod (even more than last year) I’ve finally relented and uploaded a Frizbee video:

2 Likes