Welsh Music Videos and Audio Files

Warning: This is a bit sweary.

2 Likes

gosh, that takes me back! I remember doing the sound system for Bob when they were first starting out, and this song always got the room bouncing!

1 Like

Gwyn from Los Blancos singing their song ‘Clarach’ (with Lewys from Yr Eira on keyboards)

Sorry to reply about 10 months later :laughing: but I was searching the forum and found this post as I’ve found a video of the song and was checking if anyone had posted about it before!

It’s by Meic Stevens and is called Disgwyl Rhywbeth Gwell i Ddod
It’s very difficult to find online but I found it on this video from the TV series

(The link should take you straight to the song at 11:19)
I did manage to find it on a download service ages ago but can’t remember which one, I’ve had a quick look but all I’ve found is a later compilation with the same title but for some reason doesn’t actually include the song :thinking: Edit: found it now, (there’s more than one volume in the compilation) here it is on Apple but you might be able to find it elsewhere :slightly_smiling_face:

Not sure if this belongs in this thread, strictly speaking, but here’s a lockdown podcast my daughter is doing weekly for the local Menter:

1 Like

I didn’t understand all of this, but enough to make me want to listen again … and again. I am listening to it in short (5 minute) bursts at the moment to prevent brain lockdown but I think I’ll keep at it until I can do the whole podcast without a break. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for this, I’d completely forgotten that I’d posted it! Some nice songs in that compilation as well.

1 Like

My favourite! very catchy

Also this is very good in my opinion :blush:

3 Likes

In English, but came across it and thought yeah I AM proud: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROkMDKb3h_k

I thought that this is a wonderful way to welcome spring!

What a lovely way to welcome spring!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Shared by member on Tŵt (toot) and thought this was interesting. Sorry if its posted in the wrong place!

Dw i’n dysgu Cymraeg / I’m learning Welsh (from FB)

Reading this book I own for Welsh speakers to learn English, from 1849, and I love some of the “Welshified” English sentences:

“Dde rifyr wil bi mydi tw-moro.” https://toot.wales/@TheBeastOfBaglan/104097497840080669

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr Tegwen.

1 Like