Welsh Music Videos and Audio Files

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Full disclosure: I think this new version is awful, lacking energy and bite. It’s obvious that they’ve understandably gone for breadth of appeal over artistic integrity. And sticking Ed Holden in in the hope of giving it a bit of ‘edge’ is a tired and obvious tactic.
Nevertheless, all in a good cause (COVID charities), so go and buy a copy from you favourite digital provider anyway.

1 Like

I liked it and I could understand it which always makes me happy.

Fair enough. I may have some quite robust views on music - everyone’s got one subject on which they’re allowed to be dogmatic, as long as it’s not politics or religion - but I’m fine with people disagreeing with me. Just don’t try to change my mind. :slight_smile:

2 Likes
1 Like

How about some Welsh Bossa Nova by Carwyn Ellis & Rio 18. “Ar ol y Glaw”
Bossa Cymreig? Neis lawn!

Does anyone have any spotify playlists for Welsh music?

The definitive one is curated by Yws Gwynedd.

Oh dear. I just described something as ‘curated’.

2 Likes

Spotted this on S4C, well worth a watch.

Thank you. Sorry it took me so long to reply.

So good. That blues harp/harmonica :ok_hand:t2:
And the birdsong too :heart_eyes:
And that’s before we even start on the song itself. Gwych.

Efa Supertramp’s latest album is here — along with lyrics and translations
https://afiach.bandcamp.com/track/bwrw

2 Likes

Hi all,

This is a bit of a long shot but I’m trying to get hold of Welsh language music from the 1980/1990’s, more specifically the released on labels like OFN, R-Bennig amongst other smaller labels. I’m looking for physical copies of the music where possible, all formats are of interest (Vinyl/Cassette/CD/Digital too)! I’m interested in groups like Y Brodyr y Ffin, Plant Bach Ofnus, Eirin Peryglus, Igam Ogam, Sgidia Newydd, Ty Gwydr, Ail Gyfnod, Ffenestri, Datblygu…also anything R-Bennig related as I know there were a number of different groups/aliases used for the music.

The reason I am looking for them is because I often DJ on various outlets around the world and I always aim to play Welsh language music as it’s part of my heritage. If of interest, I put together a mix of Welsh language cassette tape only releases here:

I am of course happy to pay for anything, please give me an email if you or anyone you know might be able to help!

Diolch i chi gyd!
Kiernan

1 Like