Welsh Music Videos and Audio Files

Y fideo newydd. New video. :smile:
Sut mae. Plis gwrando, ac dilyn fy sianel.

Please listen and follow my channel – music in Welsh and English.
Thanks! Diolch!
1 Like

Great new(ish) song &video from Sŵnami.

3 Likes

I recently got into the rock group Breichiau Hir, I really recommend the whole Hir Oes I’r Cof album, but I’ll just link to the title track and the one that follows it, “Mwynhau” (not sure how to embed videos on here?)

https://youtu.be/VfkR_hgTX8k

https://youtu.be/m83ptHIPhls

2 Likes

I love this sound, thank you!

1 Like

Diolch am hyn!

Great song, I tried learning it a few weeks ago as one of my tasks

I’d hope there would be new ones. Can someone tell me a Welsh group or band who sings pop? Achos dw i’n caru pop.

S’mae! Dw i newydd yma!

Brilliant list of cerddoriaeth cymraeg da iawn, diolch yn fawr am y tunes!

My contribution: My first-cousin Brychan Llyr had a great band back in the 90s, their tapes were always on heavy rotation in our car:

Jess - Ysbryd y Dydd
https://youtu.be/zn2nlt6ZScE

(no idea if this will eventually embed alright, the preview doesn’t seem to think so…)

1 Like

When I saw Plu in the Tŷ Gwerin at the Eisteddfod :heart_eyes: they mentioned that one of the songs, Can Pryderu, (which is on their fabulous new album “Tri” ) was written by a founding member of The Incredible String Band for a rock opera about the Mabinogi in the 80s! :heart_eyes: And here it is: Music for the Mabinogi by Robin Williamson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBwnrBv1U9M How this managed to disappear, I dont know…!

3 Likes

Dwi’n caru’r gân yma gan Kizzy Crawford!
‘Y Ddrudwy’

Hardd, gwreiddiol yn union fel hi.

I love this song by Kizzy Crawford!
‘The Starling’

Beautiful, original just like her.

Eady Crawford, chwaer Kizzy, hefyd yn gorjys ac yn dalentog iawn

Kizzy’s sister Eady is also gorjys and very talented
:point_down:
‘Meddwl am Ti’
‘Thinking of You’

Kizzy a Eady Crawford ar S4C

2 Likes

Dwi’n caru’r fersiwn yma o Calon Lan. Canu gan Cerys Matthews.

I love this version of Calon Lan. Sung by Cerys Matthews

CALON LAN - Cerys Matthews - YouTube. :wales:

#YmarferCymraeg
#CroesoCywiriadau

1 Like

That’s a lovely song by Kizzy and Eady, but from the camera shots you would hardly know that Eady was there at all. A bit disappointing of S4C!

1 Like

I came across this podcast featuring Gwilym Bowen Rhys - the dialogue is in English but the songs are in Welsh. It transported me back to the lovely church in Aberdaron Gwilym Bowen Rhys in Aberdaron - Folk on Foot | Podfollow

4 Likes

You are so right Deborah! I often wondered where she was over the years. I have loved her as much as Kizzy. They are both lovely and talented :heart_eyes:

Oes cerddoriaeth newydd sbon?

(Newydd sbon = brand new)

Can anyone share any brand new music from 2020 - 2023 period please…I am completely out of the loop :smiley:

Dyfalwch pwy? :wink:

Geiriau/ Lyrics

Notice that ‘Milgi’ means literally … war-dog/ war hound … old memory of this breed used for hunting and war into the mists of the Celtic tribes

2 Likes

I’m probably out of the loop too but…

This is my list of songs that I listened to on Welsh Music Day, if anyone is interested :wink:

Also,

Martyn Joseph. Welsh singer songwriter. Singing in English

“Martyn wrote this song in response to Putin’s aggressive invasion of a peaceful country, Ukraine. Fantastic performance full of raw emotion. Just one man and his guitar. Brilliant”

2 Likes

He also did a fantastic tribute to the murdered Dic Penderyn.

My grandfather swore that our family had a connection with the Lewis family but I need to do a family tree that far back

1 Like

I agree with you! I love that song, being a bit of a lefty and passionate about justice and equality myself. Too old for protests these days :joy:

My husband’s family are Lewis’s too. He is a Moore but his Dad died very young and Mum remarried. They are black and Trinidadian though, so those Lewis’s back in his history were likely to have been slave masters.
Good luck with your Family History, it’s so interesting and addictive!

1 Like