Welsh Music Videos and Audio Files

I rather like this band (which I do not think is posted here yet, though I apologise if I’m wrong).

'Tis traditional songs they do, for the most part.

5 Likes

Oh, I love this band. The singer has such a lovely voice.

Speaking of traditional songs, there is quite an interesting Russian folk music project “Clann Lir”. They’re all Russian, but perform songs in Irish Gaelic, Scottish Gaelic and Welsh. I don’t know, maybe the singer’s accent will be unpleasant to the native’s ear, but I must admit that this band and the beaty of the Welsh folk songs was one of the reasons why I decided to learn the language.

That’s my favourite folk song and I sometimes sing along

And this is a combination of two songs: Y deryn du and Gwel yr Adeiladd, which is one of the loveliest Christmas carols I’ve ever heard. It’s my ambition to learn it by Christmas:)

2 Likes

Recent rather psychedelic music Ive heard on Radio 6.
(I usually find the better exposed Welsh artists get much better hits with Youtube views)

1 Like

This is a rather nice Welsh choir from Caergybi.

Highlights programme from this years Maes B

http://www.s4c.cymru/clic/c_level2.shtml?series_id=523355834

For those outside the UK there are videos on the Ochr1 youtube channel

Including this one which I’m posting especially for Kim @dinas :

Look out for the impressive stage dive at the end. One of the young teenagers I was supposed to be supervising that night was underneath that! :smile:

3 Likes

I know the mam-gu a tad-cu of everyone in the band… :smile:

2 Likes

Geraint Jarman rhyming Sandwich Spread with Birkenhead.

1 Like

Cwl.

1 Like

Cpt. Smith was the name of the captain of the Titanic, apparently.

1 Like

When I had an MRI scan recently they let me choose the music. I chose this.

5 Likes

I saw an album of Scottish music an Amazon. I was listening to the preview of this song “in Scottish Gaelic”. I kept saying, “I know that word”, “I know that word”… wait, I don’t know any Scottish Gaelic.

5 Likes

and the cover artwork features that famous Scottish landmark… Stonehenge :joy:

3 Likes

I went to Tŷ Tawe last Saturday to a beer festival and watched the rugby. After that a band I never heard started playing and I was mesmerised. I felt under pressure to leave as my birthday celebrations were to continue elsewhere. But I just couldn’t leave, I had not heard such amazing stuff for so long.
I left eventually, before they had finished. I left it a week but kept thinking about it so I listened to them again, in a sober state rather than full of fine Welsh ales!
They sounded as good sober as they were in my inebriated state!
So may I introduce Yucatan and here is one of their songs from their album Uwch Gopa’r Mynydd.

4 Likes

Hope sober days are over for at least a while @triciaroberts. Yes, they sound good. Love it.

1 Like

Alas I am back in work so have been sober since that Saturday!

4 Likes

Don’t be … @triciaroberts

Oh, and @robbruce, this video struck me to the bits … any chance of having lyrics and translation of it. From the video I can establish it’s about friendship which was shattered most brutal way, but there’s surely more to it. It affected me strongly …

Diolch.

Hello, friends…I just heard a song on Radio Cymru (Lisa Gwilym’s Wednesday p.m.show), and these words were repeated in its chorus…“Dawnsio are y grisiau”. It was a very cool piece, but I didn’t hear any announcement of what it was. Has anyone a notion as to its title and/or the band who plays it? Thanks very much.

Morgan

1 Like

A quick Google came up with this. Probably not what you were listening to though as the words in the chorus are not the same.

2 Likes