Welsh Music Videos and Audio Files

X4C - Delicious (geiriau) (lyrics) (also with English subtitles)

1 Like

1 Like

Yr Opsiwn Hawdd by Yr Angen

Gwres by Huw Harvey & Gethin Griffiths

This next one isn’t in Welsh (there are no lyrics) but is by a Welsh artist
Reminiscence by Rhun Gwilym

1 Like

I would LOVE to see them live!

They are in the running for a world music award - anyone interested can vote for them here

They are in the Band category.

1 Like

The right ones?

I’ve found one album on eMusic …

Ghazalaw

However the music sounds as that from India or something like this so I’m not sure I found the right ones. (sorry to appear a bit stupid though) …

It’s a fusion music of Indian (Ghazal) and Welsh (Alaw).

1 Like

I love it. Saved the album for purchase a bit later. :slight_smile: Diolch.

1 Like
1 Like

Great performance (as I’m listening/watching it right now). I love bands who perform equally good live or when recording and this is one of such performance.

Ysgol Sul at Gwobrau Selar 2016

1 Like

Very easy to listen to (yn fy marn i - in my opinion)

3 Likes

I am so pleased to be learning Welsh, if only because I have become more exposed to Welsh language music. So I shall share some of the things I have found which I really like:
Georgia Ruth (fantastic DJ, harpist, singer, songwriter, from Aberystwyth and she’s really pretty too, I think I’m in love):

The Joy Formidable:

Casi Wyn :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jna-Iqhi7OU
9 bach:

3 Likes

See the boi playing the guitar for her? I’m sorry to break your heart, but…

3 Likes

3 Likes

I like these guys a lot too!

Old hands will need no reminder about this, but for newer people on the Welsh scene, especially if you are into folk music, you might like to give “Sesiwn Fach” a listen, every Sunday on Radio Cymru, with a shortened repeat in the week, and available on iPlayer for about 28 days:

It’s not just traditional stuff; a lot of it has a very contemporary feel.

(Idris Morris Jones also plays Ken in “Rownd a Rownd”, and is, I believe, a talented fiddler, among other things).

3 Likes

Sul y Blodau means “Palm Sunday” in Welsh
To me, this is a heartbreaking song about a family burying their very young child and saying goodbye.

What is especially poignant is that it is based on a true story. The person who wrote this, himself, lost his 3/4year old brother to the Consumption (I believe)

Merch o Batagonia

I’ve just come across this one by one of my favourite Welsh singers Lleuwen, which I’ve never heard before. Apologies if it’s a repeat. :smile:

2 Likes

Sesiwn Fach is coming to an end as a result of changes to Radio Cymru’s schedules. The theory is that Sunday Afternoon is an incongruous slot and that giving Georgia Ruth an extra hour will compensate. We shall see.

Oh, what a shame! :frowning: