Welsh Music Videos and Audio Files

My favourite Radio Cymru programme :slight_smile:

Edited to add: Posted this before I saw rob’s comment :frowning:

Can anyone shed some light on how I identify a song played on t’ radio last night. It was played at 22:10ish but I missed the name of the band. Any help would be great, thanks. :blush:

Hum it into a microphone and upload the results to Soundcloud.

[Probably won’t help, but it should be highly entertaining for the rest of us… :sunny: ]

7 Likes

The playlist is here, (just scroll down below the player)

1 Like

Thanks @aran, I know I can (not) rely on you.

2 Likes

Perfect @cap, that’ll come in handy. :blush: Thank you.

And … The band was Calfari (I remember thinking it was something like Calgary).

1 Like

They came from nowhere to win single of the year at the recent Selar awards. They’re a bit predictably MOR for my tastes, but (like Yws Gwynedd, perhaps) it’s that kind of artist that can act as an entry point for people who aren’t such music obsessives into the Sîn Roc (a Phop) Gymraeg.

2 Likes

Diolch … Following on SoundCloud, saved for later on eMusic …

Keep posting! :slight_smile:

I only heard the last half of “tân” last night and it sounded like more my type of thing than the usual stuff labeled as rock like Swnami and the like (can’t think of other names at the mo). I’m really aching for some proper heavy rock in Welsh but there doesn’t seem to be any.

Ffug have just released a new track which is quite heavy but it’s in English, https://vimeo.com/158931851 (contains swearing), previously they have released stuff in Welsh so hopefully they will release new material in Welsh as well. They’ve just announced they’re supporting Super furry animals on some of their tour dates around England in April (Northumbria University, Sheffield and Cambridge).

1 Like

Hi All
Cowbois Rhos Botwnnog are playing Clwb Ifor Bach in Cardiff on the 22nd April. They had trac yr wythnos a few weeks ago. I’m really hoping to go!
Mihil

1 Like

Alun Gaffey - Yr Afon

1 Like

HMS Morris is currently my favorite Welsh band. Glad to see they made it on here so I didn’t have to post them myself :laughing:

Gwyneth Glyn singing Hogan Glen. I have been to see her a couple of times recently. I did my groupie bit when she appeared at the Met in Bury and had a chat with her in Welsh after. She was a lovely lady and very patient! During her performance she said that this song had been written about and for her friend Lleuwen Steffan, another of my favourite singers. I also like Gwyneth’s children’s books to help with my reading practice. :smile:

5 Likes

I happened to have the CymruFM app open yesterday morning as I was waking up. Unfortunately, I was still half asleep when I caught the end of a song by ‘Coda’. Again, still half asleep…I managed to close the app before I could get any more info on the particular song. Have done a few cursory online searches, but haven’t found much. Anyone know where I can locate some more info on ‘Coda’?

1 Like

Here you go: http://llanllwni.cymru/clubs/coda/?lang=en

I don’t know if they’re still going, by the way.

2 Likes

As soon as anyone starts saying anything about Welsh language music, I find myself thinking ‘They should talk to Rob’ - I’ve even heard that kick in somewhere in the back of my mind when talking to people like Bryn Gwynfryn or Rhys Mwyn… :boom:

That’s why I like this topic. @robbruce is always here to asist. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Diolch, Rob. I have a feeling they’ve disbanded (either that, or they’re complete Luddites…) as I only seem to be able to find a remix and a cover of their song “Cymer Fi”.