Welsh Music Videos and Audio Files

2 Likes

Mellt - Rebel from Maes B

1 Like

S4C will be showing highlights tonight (22 Oct) of the Thursday night ‘Gig in the Pavillion’ from this year’s National Eisteddfod.

3 Likes

Time=limited link:

Apton live now - I’ve been clicking about like a mad thing lost in the sheer quantity of Welsh music.

30 day free trial and then £6 or £9 a month depending on usage.

Really rather awesome.

Apton.cymru

1 Like

Wow! Great!

3 Likes

Kizzy Crawford - Hedfan i’r Nefoedd

3 Likes

Can’t make out most of the lyrics…some are in English…any idea what they are about. Diolch!

1 Like

Battle of the bands winners at this year’s National Eisteddfod. What a breath of fresh air!

2 Likes
2 Likes

There’s a lot of cool people posting cool stuff on here. Let’s have some 1980s Caryl Parry Jones. This is ‘Shampw’ by Bando.

I’ve got more. ‘Yr Ail Feiolin’ by Caryl a’r Band

And this gem. Barmy comedy play ‘Steddfod! Steddfod!’ Not strictly music, but in for a penny…

I think it’s from the late 80s, but this was taped off the telly in the 90s, evident from the national lottery results in the middle!

2 Likes
1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6plcDN6aEc

1 Like
1 Like

Cân orau erioed

3 Likes

Hi all
Does any one know where I can find lyrics of Welsh songs. I wanted to find lyrics to ‘y garreg ateb’ by The Joy Formidable (I wish they did more welsh songs)

Mihil

2 Likes

Not in particular, I’m afraid - but this YouTube channel has quite a collection:

1 Like

1 Like

Following the traditions of the travelling poets of the middle ages or the rotating schools of the pre-industrial era, Wales has musicians that visit schools to run ‘workshops’ with the pupils. Usually, this happens at High schools, but the results of the work of primary schools can be the most rewarding because younger children bring fewer preconceptions to the process about what constitutes a pop song. This example from Môn, led by Huw ‘Mr Huw’ Owen, is great!

2 Likes