Welsh Music Videos and Audio Files

Sounds prety fair to me too. Thanks.

1 Like

I seem to remember you being from Glyn Ceiriog so I would say buying from your local Welsh shop which would give the artist the usual royalties and also support the shop, two birds, one stone. Siop Cwlwm in Oswestry is your nearest and they are really good. I’ve ordered loads of stuff off them via email with no problems at all.

2 Likes

Yes, I use them a lot. I have even got the confidence do do some of my shopping with them in Welsh now!

4 Likes

Welsh language acts dont get enough exposure…love chroma! CARU CHROMA!

2 Likes

CYMORTH (meaning Support/Help) is ARGRPH’s follow-up single to the majestic melancholy that was ‘Tywod’ from late 2016. Spending studio time again with producer Llyr Parry (Y Niwl, Palenco,
Cowbois Rhos Botwnnog), songwriter, guitarist and vocalist Emyr Sion was joined by Caradog Davies (drums+vocals) and Gwyn Rosser (guitar+vocals). Together they have created a song that musically
brings a darker hue to their already distinctive dreamy, surf pop. Emyr is fastly developing to be one of the bravest and singular new creative voices from Wales.
https://soundcloud.com/user-396293907/argrph-cymorth-stream

1 Like

12 (tracks) for the price of 1 (link)
Not new songs at all, but a nice little Bob-fest nonetheless!

3 Likes

Great protest song… Cán ymgyrch da

2 Likes

I’m not totally up to speed with the lyric, but I think that my house is somewhere behind Geraint’s head. Strange recognizing the video scenes. The last time that happened was in the spoof “Newport State of Mind” or something :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ooo, you know the song? They throw it from the YouTube because of copyright claim only to face the fact that it came back somewhere else on YouTube … :slight_smile:

1 Like

The song Rhydd by Cadi Gwyn Edwards has been on the Radio a few times recently.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Rhydd+Cadi&&view=detail&mid=E5DCECA65662FA0D02DBE5DCECA65662FA0D02DB&FORM=VRDGAR

Sorry about the poor link. I hope it works. If not, please search Rhydd by Cadi Gwyn Edwards or Can I Gymru.

1 Like

Here you go:

This was the winning song in this year’s Cân i Gymru. Trivia fans might be interested to know that she’s the heiress to the Edwards sausage millions*.

*Not strictly true, but she is the daughter of the owner of http://www.edwardsofconwy.co.uk/ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, Rob.

I hope it’s OK to ask here. I don’t have FB on my phone. Anyone going to see Elin Flur in Pontardawe Y Gwachel pub tomorrow? Did we need to book or just turn up?

Y Mabinogi – Monasteries, Welsh Words, and a Screaming Guitar…

Thought I’d mention this in case anyone else was interested. Damh the Bard is currently working on a new album telling the tale from the First Branch of the Mabinogi. He’s hoping for a release sometime this Fall. Full update here:

1 Like

You would have trouble booking, these gigs just happen in a room in the pub. There’s no-one on the door, no tickets, nothing. Just turn up. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s great. Thanks, Rob.

OK, I was a month too early, but treating it as a practice run for the one next month that Elin Flur will actually attend.

1 Like

Here’s something I put together for a recent fund-raiser where I had to perform live music for an hour between 2 and 3 in the morning. This is part of the backing track without the live stuff I layered on top.

3 Likes

I heard so much great Welsh music at Tafwyl, yet it’s this guy who stuck in my head. He sang a song mentioning my hometown, ’ Sai isie mynd i Bowys?’ and burst into laughter, it 's just so spot on. He’s also written ‘I’m bi-lingual’ [to the tune of Chas ‘n’ Dave’s ‘Margate’], a song for us all!

2 Likes

Welsh Whisper is very funny and hummable!

If I haven’t plugged ApTon lately his album is on there!

2 Likes