Welsh Music Videos and Audio Files

Oh, that’s a shame. She played Leeds and Manchester recently (nearer my neck of the woods) and I was out of the country for both gigs - gah! (I don’t regret the holiday but it’s sod’s law that every time I go away every band and artist I want to see decides to play…)

That is sad news indeed.

I agree - was listening to BBC Cymru and heard Serol Serol and Cadno and am completely hooked

2 Likes

There’s a really good young Welsh band called Ysgol Sul. Here they are playing “Machlud Haul.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-YAtXZO-Hk

4 Likes

Sorry, people will have to Google Translate this. I don’t think English language news outlets will be interested.

1 Like

Diolch am y ddolen, Rob. Trist iawn, wir.

1 Like

highly recommend gai toms, was lucky enough to catch him at clwb canol dre in caernarfon a few weeks ago, i’d never heard of him and he blew me away! he’s definitely one to see live. if you like your music with originality, depth, hardness, bitterness, sweetness, social and political awareness, with some damn fine singable melodies, you’ll find all this and more, captured perfectly on bethel newydd and the gwalia albums…enjoy!

1 Like

A kind soul has put the whole hour long S4C documentary on Super Furry Animals “Y Blynyddoedd Blewog” (or “The Furry Years”) on YouTube.

All of the band footage is Welsh, pretty much!

2 Likes

The Gai Toms song Gwalia is is a great song. I have to say the Music Video is one of the weirdest ones i’ve seen. Especially as I can’t understand the lyrics to put it into context.

1 Like

How the heck do you put the YouTube window in?

If you are on the youtube page, press the ‘share’ button and you will get the URL code - just copy and paste into a reply here on the forum - the software automatically embeds the video:

3 Likes

Diolch yn fawr!

1 Like

I thought it may be time for this classic, beautiful song by Celt - Un Wennol / One Swallow. Not only do I love this song, but I also love Swallows and looking forward very much for their return… haven’t seen any yet…

And whilst I’m sharing Celt songs, this is one which sends shivers down the spine. We now live near a slate quarry and our house is an old quarry man’s cottage set on the site of an old slate works. So this is particularly relevant…

5 Likes

I was listening to Radio Cymru a few days ago and really liked a song that came on but didn’t catch the band name. Song was called ‘Cofio, Anghofio’ I think. Have tried googling but no joy. Does anyone know the song / band? Not sure what kind of genre - maybe indie rock?

Fleur de Lys have a song called Cofio,Anghofio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1aDIAdBXlg

1 Like

*Cofia, Anghofio

That is the song I mean. Brilliant, thanks. I’ve just been looking for somewhere to buy their album but they don’t seem to sell old fashioned cds - only mp3 albums/ streaming :persevere:

1 Like

Lovely songs, Catrin.
Was the Celt track on Radio Cymru a few days ago? (In Wenol)

2 Likes

Also can anyone remember the name of the 70s Swansea school group that Georgia Ruth (I think) played recently?