Welsh Music Videos and Audio Files

Iwan Rheon & Aled Rheon’s “Rhodd”, off Iwan’s album Dinard.

Aled Rheon’s Welsh language EP, Ser Yn Disgyn on bandcamp

I heard a version of Lego House by Ed Sheeran (shown below) :slight_smile: Are you also in Texas, by the way?

1 Like

2 Likes
1 Like

Meseia - Cor Eifionydd Choir

This is a link, and I can’t find it on youtube or anywhere else, but this is Handel’s Messiah in Welsh. They played it on Radio Cymru a few mornings ago (about midnight my time) and I had to have it.

Hear it for free on Spotify, or below is the amazon link (in the US the CD is about 20 cents, and you pay about $3-4 for shipping).

Amazon link: http://amzn.com/B0045J1M3G

1 Like

I couldn’t buy MP3s from Amazon earlier so I only hope it changed something for me in the time I was there last time. Have put it into my Wish list so I can explore options and buy it later on.

Oh, let’s see if eMusic contains this?

EDIT:
Yup! If one is restricted to buy a copy on Amazon or is a member of eMusic, here it is Meseia Cor Eifionydd Choir

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Delighted to see the magnificent Georg Friedrich in this thread.
My grandfather ran 2 choirs in Llangadog and Aberhonddu/Brecon and I’ve never heard performances of such greats as Messiah, Elijah, Creation, Stabat Mater with more hwyl than they achieved in brecon’s Plough and local chapels in the region (albeit in English).

I am also reminded that “classical” composers were so important during my childhood that many boys were named after Handel, Haydn and even Bach ( as in “dere 'ma cael, cwtsh, Bach” :wink: )

Many thanks for the link :smile:

2 Likes

Meinir Gwilm was presenting a show on Radio Cymru at 12:30 pm today, Friday 26th June. Can anyone catch the title and performer of the music that starts ten minutes into the show?

Hi Polly,

Catrin Finch, Arrival of the Queen of Sheba, by Handel originally.

Thanks Margaret. Handel, but not as you know it!

2 Likes

Pure class:smile:

https://soundcloud.com/carcharorion/cawsom-wlad

1 Like

I really like this. :blush:

Sorry to stick my nose in here but I’m at a loose end. I’ve been trying to find Welsh language heavy metal bands but am really struggling. I’ve managed to find After an Alibi but they only have a few Welsh language songs, they’ve split and formed two other bands I think, Atlas will Atone is one of them and sound really good but only English lyrics, the other is I Fight Lions but they aren’t the same genre. Anyway, I’m struggling, can anyone here push me in the right direction? By the way, by heavy metal I mean proper screamy, thrashy type stuff.

FYI, this is about as heavy as I’ve managed to find so far.

Didn’t find any real Heavy Metal in Cymraeg either but I only now listened to the into song of Level 2!

Gee! This song is just as written for me singing about coffi a dwi’n hoffi coffi. (Who cares os dwi’n hoffi coffi gwyn mwy yna coffi du! (probably put together wrongly but OK. You’ll understand what I mean. :slight_smile: ))

3 Likes

lol I don’t even like coffee, but that is a fun song :smile:

1 Like

here’s another fun song from them

2 Likes

Ummm … you forgot the link @rickyfreeman :slight_smile: