Welsh National Eisteddfod Bae Caerdydd/Cardiff Bay 3 - 11/08/2018

Wow, what else to say!!

1 Like

I bought an official programme, which comes in the form of a 125-150 page booklet, but the details of your contest are minimal in there too :slight_smile:
Iā€™ll take a photo of it tomorrow!

1 Like

Also, is your event a one-off final sort of thing? I only ask because if there is a final, I want to make sure that is noted in the guide - plus any prize giving etc.

Nicky

1 Like

Hi Nicky,
That really thoughtful to hold a meeting especially to include me. Diolch yn fawr iawn.

1 Like

After your journey down are you sure your knackered legs will be up for an 11am meet?!?

No in all seriousness itā€™ll be great to see you and all congratulate you!

1 Like

Great bit of work fair play. Thatā€™s going to make my week a lot easier. Diolch. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Iā€™ve just modified the spreadsheet a bit this morning, thanks to a great suggestion from Mark Hinton.

It should look a lot friendlier now! No new additions yet, but should be easier to read.

Itā€™s a preliminary - the finals happen on the Friday I thinkā€¦I havenā€™t really looked past the initial thing, to be honest!

1 Like

EDIT: Ignore this bit, confusion sorted - the correct details for the prelim and the final are now in the spreadsheet :smiley:

thatā€™s great, iā€™ll hang on for the thursday one, i should have been travelling home then, but would be great to meet you all :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, itā€™s not a choir eventā€¦itā€™s the solo soprano (rhif 40). Iā€™ll have a look at the program and find out when the finals are for you! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you!

The programme Iā€™ve got hasnā€™t got a rhif 40 :frowning: so Iā€™ll await your advice :smiley:

Hmmā€¦maybe I could take a screenshot of the competitorsā€™ timetable then and email it to you? That might be a little more informativeā€¦

1 Like

This sounds like a plan :smiley:

Iā€™ll DM you my email address now!

This will probably be a good time for any other SSIWers to put their hands up if they are taking part in anything this year! Roll up! Roll up!

Iā€™m not taking part in anything, and will only be in the Eisteddfod for one day. Would love to be there on the Tuesday to hear @elizabeth_j_corbett, @elizabeth_jane, but find I have to talk to Yr Henoed, in Gorslas about my travels last year at EXACTLY the same time. And then Iā€™d love to be there at the announcement of the Dysgwr y Flwyddyn, but I have to work sometimes! So in the end, Iā€™ve decided to spend the Thursday in Cardiff and go and support @Karla. Anyone else around and Iā€™ll be happy to meet up.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a scheduled SSIW meetup outside the venue of Karlaā€™s performance straight after! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Nicky I will be in Cardiff on Thursday and would love to meet up with other SSIW learners during the day.
Mal Leyshon

3 Likes

I am taking part - but not in a competition!! I am singing in the Eisteddfod choir - one of about 300, so I wont be noticed! - and anyway, all the tickets are sold!

2 Likes

Give us the details! Even if its sold out, some people from here may have bought tickets without realizing youā€™re taking part!

1 Like