Welsh National Eisteddfod Ceredigion/Tregaron 1st - 8th August 2020 *POSTPONED TILL 2021*

Thanks @ Deborah. So its not me (this time)!

1 Like

I’ve had a reply back from Alwyn, one of the Eisteddfod organisers.

Diolch am gysylltu. Mae’r cwmni sydd yng ngofal ein gwefan wrthi yn gwneud addasiadau i’r ffurflen gofrestru. Dim ond nodi diddordeb fydd ei angen am y tro a byddwn yn holi am argaeledd pawb yn ystod Mehefin, felly mae digon o amser! Ddoi nol atoch pan fydd y dudalen yn barod.

So basically, the webpage for registering to volunteer isn’t ready yet, and they will only call for expressions of interest in the first place, then you’ll indicate your availabilities in June, but he will let me know when the webpage is ready.

Diolch yn fawr Deborah. Dim ond dau wythnos yn ol fe ddywedon nhw wrtha i y byddai’r cofrestriad ar gael yn fuan!!

Sad but somewhat expected email from the National Eisteddfod this morning -

POSTPONING THE CEREDIGION EISTEDDFOD

Unfortunately, we’ve had to take the very difficult decision to postpone the Ceredigion National Eisteddfod to the summer of 2021. Although the festival itself is not being held for another four months, the construction phase had to be considered as well as the restrictions on people coming together, and the impact this would have on our competitions, performances and concerts.

Ensuring the safety of our volunteers, supporters, visitors, competitors, suppliers, artists and staff is of paramount importance to us, so we are postponing the Eisteddfod for a year.

We, like you, are disappointed that we will not be hosting the Eisteddfod this year.

Thank you again for your support during this difficult time, we really appreciate it.
Remember, this is a postponement - not a cancellation - and we all look forward to a great Eisteddfod in Tregaron next year!

Stay safe and healthy everyone and best wishes to you all, from the Eisteddfod Team x

Competitors
If you’ve already sent us your written eentry or registed to compete, don’t worry. Your entries are safe, and you’ll find more information on our FAQs page.

Caravans
Your caravan plot is safe for next year. We’re transferring every booking to 2021. For more details, go to our FAQs page.

FULL STATEMENT HERE