Welsh National Eisteddfod Llanrwst, Conwy 2019 - SSiW meet-up poll

Also, I thought I saw @HuwJones sitting on a bench and waved, only to find out it wasn’t him. I was genuinely disappoonted.

I’ve had to make a deal with Emma that not allowed to buy any more books until I’ve given away some of the existing ones.

Give. Away. Books??? Why? I can’t bring myself to do that.

2 Likes

Apparently “other people can enjoy them just as much as you” :man_shrugging: it’s crazy talk if you ask me

3 Likes

It was nice to see you all. I realised how important it is not to worry about the details and just speak, no matter it’s nonsensical grammar, as long as we understand each other and communicate.
@BronwenLewis Thanks for welcoming us in, you were awesome and very patient with me.
Martin also liked it, he understood quite a lot from the context (when we talked welsh) and he managed to learn a few words too.

3 Likes

Exactly what time was this? I had an out-of-body experience where I was sitting on a bench at the Eistedddfod when someone waved. Did I suddenly disappear when you waved? :ghost::ghost:
I’ve also been jealous and disappointed today especially missing the 2 pm get together. :disappointed: :smile:

1 Like

15 Likes

Is anyone interesred in joining me on the walk tomorrow (Thurs) if about 5 miles organised by Cymdeithas Edward Llwyd? It starts at 10:30 from the Llyn Crafnant car park - go to Trefriw and follow sign to Llyn Crafnant - I could provide a lift if needed

I have a ticket for Sorela in the Pabell Len tonight at 9 if anyone wants it as I can’t stay

I’ll try and be there. I’m coming tomorrow (thursday)! Anyone else around?

1 Like

Dw i yna! I’ll be there. Tent 219-220 until 2 o’clock and on the maes afterwards :smile:

Hi Bronwen I’m planning to go tomorrow so will hope to see you around 2!

Yes I have

already decided to go next year. Look forward to chwtting with you soon Bronwen. Wae do goodbto meet you. Still not found the messagebyou sent but face to face was better!

I’ll be at the Eisteddfod all day tomorrow with the kids whilst aran volunteers on the Yes Cymru stand.

I’m giving the day to the children, so it will be up to them what we do and where we go. But if you spot me then please come and say hello.

1 Like

I am hoping to be there

1 Like

Great!

What on earth did you do that for?! Think before you make rash promises, man!

From someone who’s been spouting nonsensical grammar for the past four years and has no intention of changing, I second that! It was lovely to meet you and Martin. One problem, though - I can’t remember the name of the gin you mentioned! Please remind me…

3 Likes

I never had time to go in on Tuesday and since seen that they were/are selling stuff too. Gutted.

My thoughts exactly, he’s still young yet, lots to learn. :wink::joy:

@ani, I second that, you were very brave. I know that’s a patronizing thing to say but we’ve all been there and we all know that it takes great courage to do what you did on Tuesday. Dal ati.

4 Likes

Is there anything in particular you’re interested in? I can always pick something up for you and bring it to Saith Seren next time I visit (if I remember to come, of course :smile:)

1 Like

Aber Falls. They make it in Abergwyngregyn.

I know I haven’t said a lot :slight_smile: but I am happy with starting. When we arrived at the Eisteddfod, I bought tickets in English. After talking to you guys, I ordered a beer and later a pizza in Welsh. Small achievements but I now see it’s not that hard and that I am understood.

6 Likes