Welsh National Eisteddfod Llanrwst, Conwy 2019 - SSiW meet-up poll

I found a lovely little cottage up in the hills which I had convinced myself was right next to the Maes so I wouldn’t have to calculate walking distances or navigate bridges and footpaths - just get out of bed and jump over the fence. No need for a jacuzzi or board games or even a kitchen when so close to an event with countless eateries and endless entertainment. Went to book but it had gone.

1 Like

Aw, shame! I’ve got a tent you can borrow…

1 Like

I assumed that the Eisteddfod will be where Sioe Llanrwst is held (which I think is on this weekend) It is just as you come out of Llanrwst going towards the direction of Betws y Coed on the river side . There is 4 miles of flat farmland in between Betws y Coed and Llanrwst so I guess they would make plenty of fields available for camping

If I come and camp, just me and one small tent, how much is that likely to be?

Unfortunately my friends house has been let while I was thinking about it! Now everything else I’m looking at is more expensive! I might be camping too!

I looked into camping last year and as far as I could see, they weren’t set up for little tents, just big family tents. I may have missed something, but the charge seemed much too expensive for a one person tent.

Fortunately next year I’ll just be able to commute on the days I want to attend as it’s well within reasonable driving distance.

Check my links above for alternative campsites and bunkhouses. :blush:

oh, I think Zip World is all about the inclining …

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

A post was split to a new topic: Fancy Eisteddfod Genedlaethol house share/mini Bootcamp August 2019?

I have just booked a place at the Vagabonds Hostel in Betws y coed. Can cancel up to next July and its £22 per night. Still some places left if anyone else fancies it. If there are others interested in a house share I can cancel but i didn’t want to have problems later.

1 Like

Maybe the possibility of a house share should go on the weekly email?

Have split the house share discussion in to another thread in order to give it a better chance and keeping this for general Eisteddfod banter. Hope this suits everyone. :grin:

Emma and I have booked a cottage in Betws y Coed. We plan to be at the whole thing because we missed out big time this year.

I heard an interesting fact from this year’s Steddfod. The Welsh Learning stalls usually sign up 10 - 25 people a day for courses or information on courses. This year the stalls were in the Coal Exchange and 500 people a day signed up.

The advantages of an open Maes?

6 Likes

How is everyone doing with their travel and accommodation plans for the 2019 Eisteddfod?

1 Like

Accommodation booked. Travel is just a matter of getting in the car. I’ve been uncharacteristically organised (but I can almost guarantee I’ll be late when the time comes around).

1 Like

Excellent! We’ll practically be neighbours!

1 Like

Booked 8 nights in the same hostel as @amandalaing. I appear to be able to get to Betws by public transport, but who knows what changes there might be by next summer.

2 Likes

Accommodation = ADRA (home). We will be living in Llanrug very very soon, should be well before the end of September :slight_smile:

Travel = up the Llanberis pass, then through Capel Curig and Betws-y-Coed. Should be possible to attend every day on that basis. If parking / traffic gets too heavy at Llanrwst, maybe we can walk from Betws …

Llanrwst is near enough for me to just travel daily. I don’t know how many days I’ll attend, but not likely more than two.

Whether to camp at the official site or Cymdeithas? They both seem to have tents spaces at the moment, and Cymdeithas is apparently even closer (5 mins walk v. 10-15 mins, although the official one has a shuttle bus). Has anyone decided or booked a tent space yet? We loved it on the official site 2 years ago - and bumped into / played frisbee with all manner of celebs!

https://eisteddfod.wales/caravans

https://cymdeithas.cymru/gwersylla