Welsh National Eisteddfod Llanrwst, Conwy 2019 - SSiW meet-up poll

Can someone explain the pavilion competitions and chairing ceremonies? For the competitions and you go in at anytime or do you have to be there at the start of each competiton? Is it difficult to get in to see the chairing? Do you need a ticket or do you have to get in a queue early?

I have a spare ticket for the Cymanfa Ganu Sunday evening at 8pm due to a general ticketing cockup by someone who could have been me or someone else! If anyone would like it please let me know.

Same time as Bryn FĆ“n unfortunately so Iā€™ll be on the maes

Anything thatā€™s on in the day is free to go in, but for popular things like these, yes, get there early and queue. The evening events usually require you to buy a special ticket.

Thanks Dee. Iā€™ve got tickets for the evening events that I want to go. I would like to get in to see one the chairing on Friday if I can.

Hi Dee. Still a bit confused. I have a pavilion ticket and a seat number provided. During the day is this my seat always, do I have to queue to use it and might I find someone else sitting in it? Up to what time can I use it or is it obvious when daytime events change to evening events that need separate booking?

I have the same ticket, and this is my understanding (but thereā€™s a strong possibility Iā€™m wrong :joy:);

We have our seats for all day events and noone else can sit in them. However, the cyngherddau have separate tickets. They are all in the evening and normally start at about 8. Thereā€™s a list on the website. They include Y Tylwyth, Te yn y grug, Cymanfa Ganu and Y Noson Lawen.

If Iā€™m wrong (which I kinda hope I am!) then we get to go and see all of these too!!

Iā€™ve never bought a pavilion ticket with a seat number, so Iā€™ve always used the queueing system, but it sounds like youā€™ll be fine during the day, @peterallen. For ticketed evening events, you usually need a separate ticket though
https://eisteddfod.wales/tickets/general-ticket-information

When you say queuing system, how long in advance do you need to queue to get into the big ceremonies?

Iā€™ll be there from Connecticut, USA on Sunday evening, all day Tuesday and all day Fridayā€¦

1 Like

Also, Iā€™m volunteering at the Welsh North American Assoc boothā€¦on both days

1 Like

I hope to catch you in the WNAA booth on Tuesday. :smile:

1 Like

https://cymdeithas.cymru/gwersylla

This is where Iā€™ll be staying on Tuesday,Wednesday and Saturday night during Eisteddfod week.
Good location

Concerts have a different price unfortunately @AnthonyCusack and a lot are probably sold out by now.
Details on the Eisteddfod website

You go in anytime unless someoneā€™s competing on the stage ( but go early incase itā€™s busy) @Deborah-SSi and all :slight_smile:

Remember Meifod well @Tricia :heart:

1 Like

Lovely setting for the Eisteddfod and I remember you teaching me all about ā€œcodiā€ Nia. Hope you have a super time this year.:hugs:

1 Like

Iā€™ll be at the Shwā€™mae Suā€™mae: Dysgu Cymraeg tent in the morning, Tuesday 6th August, if anyone wants to come and say hi.

Iā€™ll leave my UK phone number at the booth too, in case Iā€™m wandering aroundā€¦

1 Like

Sorry for being absent for so long! We must arrange an SSiW Meet-up in the food area one afternoon. But which day? Please could you answer this poll and let us know when you are likely to be available for a get together. Diolch! :smile:

When will you be at the Eisteddfod?

• Saturday afternoon
  • Sunday aftrenoon
  • Monday afternoon
  • Tuesday afternoon
  • Wednesday afternoon
  • Thursday afternoon
  • Friday afternoon

0 voters

2 Likes