Welsh National Eisteddfod Llanrwst, Conwy 2019 - SSiW meet-up poll

Okay, I’ve confirmed that I am definitely going but very nervous! I can only go on Sat and Sun this weekend as I have commitments from Monday evening back at home.

So I’d appreciate some help for a first timer. I know that I will need to purchase a day ticket for Sat and Sunday. But what about the evening. Do I need to decide now and purchase tickets in advance? Or can I just decide when I get there and can see more of what it is all about? Is there a programme I can buy when I get there that explains things? Unfortunately I can’t afford £30 for Y Tylwyth (which sounds amazing and given my name on here I probably ought to see - LOL!).

I really want to make the most of my two days but could do with some advice.

I have to add as well that I can’t that SSiW enough for this. I’m received one of the Jeremy Vine scholarships and it is thanks to that that I am even able to attend as a kind lady has offered free accomodation.

2 Likes

Day ticket’s will let you stay through the evening, but you’d need another ticket to attend the special evening events in the Pavilion - You can buy tickets at the entrance but I seem to remember hearing though that those for the Pavilion evnents had sold out weeks ago, altough probably worth checking just in case. There is a full programme for the whole week that costs £10 (it’s an inch & a half thick!) but there’ll probably be a summary version available as well and maybe an ap (there was one last year in Cardiff). I think they’ll be showing Y Tylwyth on S4C so hopefully you’ll be able to catch it that way at least! :slightly_smiling_face:
When you arrive the best thing is to follow the signs to “Shw’mae Su’mae: Learn Welsh” which is the ‘home’ for learners throughout the week and super friendly!:slightly_smiling_face:
PS Just seen there are links here to the map of the Maes and a pocket programme: https://eisteddfod.wales/the-maes
PPS Congratulations on receiving on of the JV scholarships! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Don’t worry…you’ll be fine. (Says me who is stewarding for the first time and is worry sick about coping…
Watch Y Tylwyth on Friday night on S4C.
Ticket at the gate.
I’ll be there Saturday from about 12 some friends are getting their exam certificates presented at 1pm. I’m also volunteering in Swmae Sumae on Sunday morning if you want to come for a chat.
I have a spare ticket for the Cymanfa Ganu for Sunday night if you would like it. (I think its communal hymn singing(?)

I think we’re going for Tuesday this year (Trace’s b’day on Thursday) and it’s neck and neck at the mo’.

Snap. Look out for me. I’m the one with the more modest beard - stubble, in fact, compared with some. :laughing:

I’ll recognise you from your staring T.V. appearances. (That isn’t a typo. :laughing:)

2 Likes

I’m bringing my family, 3 kids between 6 and 10. Any suggestions of a good day to go/ what to do? (I’m the only one who speaks any welsh.)

1 Like

I’m there every afternoon, but either volunteering from 3pm or until 3pm, except on the Thursday when I’m volunteering from noon until 6.

A3 Map_2019_WEB-1.pdf (367.1 KB)
map maes Eisteddfod Llanrwst

I will only mention 2 things ( because there’s too much choice!)

Visit The National Library tent , and if you’re there on Saturday or Sunday 3 & 4, go and say hello to Owen, my brother who’ll be working there. Eisteddfod Genedlaethol 2019 Rhaglen Digwyddiadau | Events Programme by llgc9 - Issuu

And…come to Pabell Cymdeithas Yr Iaith Thursday morning to listen to this

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve set they sky box to record Y Tylwyth on Friday, but live theatre is one of my favourite things in the whole world, hence the dilemma.

Good to know that I’ll be able to buy day tickets on the gate.

Oh yes, and if you want to try and tackle the maze…

.https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/dihangfan-escape-room-tickets-66201575695

1 Like

I think all the tickets for Tylwyth has sold out @ElenTylwythTeg

Look at my suggestion above…you need to book for the maze at the National Library @clare-s-simmons. When are you there?

Thanks Nia! This looks amazing. Not sure when we are there yet. Staying in Harlech for the week from 3/8 so can come any day really.

Hi All, the Eisteddfod app has just become available in the App Store to download.

1 Like

Excellent app!

Okay, packing now as I’m leaving at 8am tomorrow morning. Staying in Conwy and want to go and visit the castle there tomorrow afternoon. I’ve been and bought some wellies as I didn’t have any. Is there anything else I might not have thought of that I ought to pack?

There are still a few tickets left

I’m going to be part of a panel talking about international Welsh learners at the Cymru a’r Byd stall at 11.00 on the Tuesday - it would be lovely to see any of you there! - and then I’ll be helping to look after the YesCymru stall all day Thursday (when from experience it would be EVEN MORE LOVELY to have some company so please come and say hello!)… :slight_smile:

@Deborah-SSi - ebost jesd rhag ofn? :slight_smile:

4 Likes