Welsh National Eisteddfod Llanrwst, Conwy 2019 - SSiW meet-up poll

I’ve bought us tickets for the week, so I’ll make sure we’re there for one or other or both of those days. It will be nice to meet you too :slight_smile:

1 Like

EisteddApp?

2 Likes

Diolch yn fawr Anthony. I’m really looking forward to meet you again ( and maybe to hear you singing) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’d like to make it on one day so, can I bump up @gruntius 's question about the optimum day for meeting other SSiWers? I’d like to catch up with @brigitte in particular so when are you heading back, B?

1 Like

S’mae Huw,
I’ll be leaving Y Bala on Thursday morning. John and I were thinking about going to the maes on Sunday and Tuesday, but I think we could switch to or add Wednesday. I missed two or three years of Eisteddfod and Bootcamp. I’d really like to meet so many old and new friends. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I can honestly say that ANY day of the week should be fine for me, barring unexpected surprises (are there any other sort?) getting in the way. I only live about 22 miles away, so I am planning to get a week-long ticket and make the best of the opportunity, even if that does mean clocking up about 350 miles over the week, Still cheaper and easier than a hotel or B&B, when I only live about 35 minutes away, without traffic. Time will tell how bad the traffic will be around Betws-y-Coed. If it gets really bad I may need to walk the last bit.

Ausgezeichnet / gwych. :smile: I’ll be driving up on Tuesday 6th August (arriving mid morning) and staying overnight in a Betws y Coed hotel (ouch!) on Tuesday night. Lke you (@brigitte) , I’m looking forward to seeing as many old and new friends as possible,

1 Like

Looking forward to it and happy to meet up any day(s) :slight_smile:

I’m going to the show at 6pm on 2nd (Fri). And the chairing of the bard sessons, which I think are late afternoon. I think I’ve booked something on the Wed night but will need to check. Otherwise, I’m planning to hang out there most days.

I’m not going to be at the Eisteddfod as much this year, as Lara and I are saving our annual leave for some more euro-jaunts in the Autumn!

However, I’ve been asked to take part in a panel discussion on the Tuesday morning at 11am in the “Cymru a’r Byd” stand, which may or may not feature our very own @aran as is my current understanding. So if anyone is around on Tuesday, do say hi!

1 Like

Aran will definitely be there as a member of the panel and may be too, but only as an onlooker.

Heads up to any of our international learners who may be at the Eisteddfod that day, the organisers would love it if you could be around.

2 Likes

I’ve enquired directly with the Eisteddfod team, and the link for those wishing to volunteer is here:
https://eisteddfod.wales/2019-eisteddfod/get-involved/volunteering

It does say that the closing date is this weekend, but as they’ve not publicised volunteering well this year then I’m sure they will accept submissions after then.

Tuesday morning at 11am in the “Cymru a’r Byd” stand

Depending on traffic and parking, I hope to arrive by then.

1 Like

Last chance for Early Bird price tickets this weekend!

Information about transport to the Maes from the bus company Llew Jones…

Ydych chi’n edrych am drafnidiaeth i’r Eisteddfod?

Mi fydd bysiau yn rhedeg yn dyddiol; cyrraedd erbyn 09:00 ac yn gadael am 18:15.

Yn dechrau o-Rhuthun, Wrecsam, Y Waun, Dolgellau a Graigfechan.

Bydd tocynnau ar gael yn fuan ar www.llewjones.com am gyn lleiad â £4.00 – archebu eich sedd yn fuan i osgoi siom.

Are you looking for transport to the Eisteddfod?

Buses will be running daily; arriving by 09:00 and leaving the Eisteddfod at 18:15.

Stating from – Ruthin, Wrexham, Chirk, Dolgellau and Graigfechan.

Tickets will be available soon at www.llewjones.com from just £4.00 – Reserve your seat soon to avoid disappointment.

1 Like

Anyone know if there are any camp sites near Llanrwst? There doesn’t seem to be anything on line at all.

Check out Cymdeithas yr Iaith. They often run one

Thanks @AnthonyCusack! Great advice - booked :slight_smile:

1 Like

Superb!! Hopefully meet you on the maes :blush:

1 Like

For those still to book a camp/caravan site, have a look at what Cymdeithas yr Iaith have available: https://cymdeithas.cymru/steddfod

You can see which bands will be performing there and book your tickets as well.

2 Likes