Welsh National Eisteddfod Ceredigion/Tregaron 1st - 8th August 2020 *POSTPONED TILL 2021*

Thanks for this but I have booked up something just north of Tregaron. I have stayed in Lampeter Uni for Welsh courses and I liked the accommodation there.

Hi, we have a Guest House in Tregaron and spaces for Eisteddfod. Apologies if this isn’t allowed, I hope I haven’t gone against any guidelines for the Forum. We have a few double rooms, en suite available for the week of the Eisteddfod. If you are interested please get in touch.

Many thanks

4 Likes

Hello first.

As much as I know you didn’t break any rules here and I think this info will be more than welcome to those who are planning to visit Eisteddfod next year.

So, as far as concerns me, you’re welcome.

Hwyl!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

I have taken the liberty of moving your post to this thread which started in August. As you can see, there is likely to be a lot of interest in your accommodation.

Since this is of interest to many on the forum looking for accommodation, I believe this outweighs any potential rule infringement. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Heads up everyone looking to book a caravan/camping spot on Maes C for this year’s Eisteddfod!

Follow this link for more information on accommodation…

https://eisteddfod.wales/eisteddfod-2020/accommodation

Does this mean that you have to go on the Eisteddfod website to book? Do you have any idea how much it is( I’ve heard it’s expensive) and can you book for any number of nights or does it have to be for the week?

For camping or caravanning on the Official Eisteddfod Camp/Caravan site you need to book on their site. £299 for a caravan, £155 for a tent
For b and b’s, hostels, hotels, guest houses the usual methods apply. Some are saying that it’s sold out.
There will, there has been in previous years, other unofficial camping and caravan sites, which are much cheaper.
Tregaron isn’t nearly as much of a holiday destination as other Eisteddfod sites have been so there probably just isn’t as much accommodation about and people will have to travel further.

Cymdeithas yr iaith always have a campsite near the maes and they’re usually cheaper.

Does anyone have any experience of the main campsite vs the Cymdeithas yr Iaith sites? There is usually quite a difference in price so I just wondered if there were washing facilities at one and not the other!

See here: Eisteddfod Cenedlaethol 2020, Camping/Caravanning

How do you find out about that campsite? I went on the CYI website and there wasn’t anything about it.

I’m not sure. They run one every year but perhaps they haven’t finalised it yet. Keep an eye on their social media.

is anyone else trying to book? Is now 10:10 and there is still no link on the page that you were directed to to book.

Its ok! I’ve done it. Phew.

It was very, very slow at 10:00, but it seems a bit more responsive now.
Earlybird MaesB tickets also on sale today - https://maesb.ticketsolve.com/shows/873610073?locale=cy-CY

They were saying on the radio that there will be 1500 caravan pitches available, which sounds a lot bigger than last year.

1 Like

For anyone failing to get any camping/caravaning spaces in Maes C or with Cymdeithas yr Iaith, there is an additional, independent site available almost just across the road from the Eisteddfod field with toilets and showers. I believe it is a temporary site for the purpose of serving the Eisteddfod.

Rates I believe are as follows -

Camping for a week (no electricity) - £120

Caravaning for a week (with electricity) - £250

Contact Aled on 07769 934195 for more information.

1 Like

I was going to have a bit of a rant about the eisteddfod website never showing exactly where the Maes is but won’t because there probably is a hyperlink but I can’t find it….! However, do we know what road it is on and how far it is outside Tregaron itself?

Iam going tò the eisteddfod for þhe third time this year. Not sure why because I wander around aimlessly. Don’t go into the talks because i know I wouldn’t understand them and only manage very basic, mostly tounge-tied, conversation in the learners’ tent. Basically I feel out if depth and out of sinc. But something keeps telling my it’s good for my learning so back I go.
Please can anyone help me to make better use of my time this year?