Welsh poetry book recommendations?

Helo bawb! I’m looking for a book with some smaller passages of Welsh, ideally more on the modern/colloquial side rather than literary.

I thought poetry would be good but I’m open to other ideas as well. I just want a physical book that’s not too expensive but with content that’s sort of romantic enough to be interesting, nothing too dry hopefully.

I’m not sure how far fetched this request might be, but diolch in advance!

2 Likes

There are some recommendations here: Finished reading my first book I’ve got a copy of Ffenestri but haven’t started in yet. There are poems and stories in it and a useful dictionary at the back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This looks perfect, diolch yn fawr iawn!!

1 Like

A few comments about books in general can be found here:

1 Like

Hi Jake,
I have just got this out of the library Fesul gair : blodeugerdd barddoniaeth mainly because the llefaru for the learners Eisteddfod is in it. It is a collection of modern poetry (possibly for children). I’m finding it hard going but it is interesting.

1 Like

Not been on y fforwm for ages, so apologies if you’ve heard about Gadael Rhywbeth gan Iwan Huws. All poems are short, accessible and just tug at something inside.
You could also check out Guto Dafydd’s work

1 Like

Reviving this thread to ask, and it may be a long shot, but does anyone know of any Cymraeg .ePUBs to download? Ideally for free, but okay if not. Sometimes I just want to read on my phone! Diolch.

Barddas is always worth a look for new work or links

https://www.barddas.cymru/cerddi/

Hwyl,
Andy

1 Like