What a difference 6 weeks makes

I am in week 37 of my Welsh journey, so challenge 18. I have really struggled with a number of the challenges but I hit challenge 16 and it was like something finally clicked! For the first time since I started I am ahead - I did 16,17,18,19 and started 20 all in a two week period (which may have been a bit ambitious, I haven’t yet got 19 down pat :blush:)

I just wanted to let others know who may be struggling as I know at times I truly thought there was something wrong with my ability to learn - the process really does work, it just might take some of us longer. I still make mistakes, still pause, still need to read the challenge vocabulary to make sure I am hearing it correctly- but I no longer feel like I’m drowning :blush:

Also - for the first time - I was writing something the other day and unwittingly used mwy instead of more without realising :joy: apparently part of me is starting to think in Welsh sometimes too

15 Likes

Great to hear that, Dee! :slight_smile:
Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

That’s awesome! Well done! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Diolch yn fawr Dee for your enthusiastic (and realistic) feedback on the course.
It helps to read things like this. I am on week 6 and have noticed things coming together a bit, but will admit that I need loads of repetition (wondering if I fall into that category that requires lots of extra practice) and I must write things down so I can have a visual.

I really want to succeed this time! I’ve tried a half dozen times with other programs over the past several decades. I spoke with SSi W
folks at NAFOW in Milwaukee last month and was inspired to give this program a try! I like it a lot so far.

Many Thanks to people who writes here and help each other out.
I will have questions soon…

5 Likes

The visual thing is really important for me too - I have to see the word before it really sticks :blush: best of luck with your learning!!

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr Dee for your message and encouragement.