What's outside

I’m enjoying your springtime photos. Really like the orange tips - they are beautiful!

2 Likes

Heddiw - today.

o dan adain Gweirloyn brych - under wing of speckled wood.

ar ben adain Gweirloyn brych - upper wing of speckled wood. (could i use ‘wyneb uchel’ for upper surface?).

Mae’n edrych fel lindys o gwyfyn gothig - this looks like caterpillar of the Gothic moth.

Cheers J.P.

5 Likes

This sounds heavenly! Now if I could just work out how to withdraw kids, dogs and a noisy clutch of workmen from that equation… :wink:

2 Likes

Here are some images of Springtime appearing in our garden…

7 Likes

7 Likes

Heddiw - today.

Mae’r tegeirian brych wedi dechrau tyfu - the common spotted orchids have started growing.

Neidr y gwair ifanc - young grass snake. (click on image for full size).

Cheers J.P.

7 Likes

Heddiw - today.
Photo’s of swallows that are not good so i will try again tomorrow.

Lindys o tiegr ol-adain goch - caterpillar of scarlet tiger moth.

Cheers J.P.

7 Likes

What an amazingly sharp and detailed photo!

3 Likes

Bush sunset

9 Likes

Wnes i mynd i William Creek ir gwaith 2 dydd nol, ac dw i’n meddwl deleti rhannu rhai potos.
I went to William Creek for work 2 days ago and I thought I should share some photos.

6 Likes

Arall

6 Likes

Un moyn. ur ci ethanc. Young dingo.

9 Likes

Enjoyed watching a Kestrel circle above the garden yesterday afternoon in the warm sunshine - first one I’ve seen since moving here. :smile:

3 Likes

Paul Potts and I were just talking on Facebook (long story :smiley: ) about the Red Kites that we photographed yesterday near Aberaeron.

1 Like

Heddiw - today.

Dail Derwen yn agor a mae’n hawdd i weld cenawon, mae’r cenawon blodau gwrywaidd.
Oak leaves opening and it’s easy to see catkins, the catkins are male flowers.
Mae’r Derwen yn gwynt peillio - the oak is wind pollinated.

Llygad doli - Germander speedwell (dw i ddim yn siwr holl am yr rhywogaeth - i’m not completely sure about the species).

Blodau o pidyn y gog - flower of lords and ladies.

(excuse my sometimes/often poor welsh).

Cheers J.P.

6 Likes

Oedd yr dydd’n dda iawn - Was the day very good :camera:

Mae’r Marchredyn cyffredin yn dechrau codi - the Male fern is starting to rise.

Llygoden y coed - Wood mouse.

Neidr y gwair - Grass snake.

Dau Neidr ddefaid ifanc - two young slow worms.

Neidr ddefaid grwp - group of slow worms (to give and idea of what i’m finding, this was under one piece of tin, i think 10 plus, i suspect they are grouping in safe place to give birth).Not a quality photo.

Cheers J.P.

10 Likes

I hope the cute little llygoden was not near the nadroedd and is safe! :slight_smile: (I had to look up the plural for neidr in the dictionary, so I learned something new! )

2 Likes

Mae emu yfed ac golch.

7 Likes

Mwy emu

7 Likes

Un mwy

11 Likes