What's outside

Today, in the sea, off Tha Sala, north of Nakhon Si Thamarat, Thailand.
Each with resident wildlife.

6 Likes

I know envy is a sin, but I am feeling it! Have more wonderful experiences and carry on sharing them with us!

1 Like

Much more info, but in Welsh, on
www.bywyd.cymru.
I could do with some evidence that people are reading it. Hint Hint

2 Likes

Grovel! Mae’n ddrwg gei I! My Welsh is just not up to it! All I can say is that your feet look in danger of sunburn!

Not just you @henddraig. I’m trying to write something in Welsh on the blog, as you know, before putting a Facebook post up in Englsh. The first as a discipline, the second as requested by FB friends. The previous post, Barddoniaeth Ddrwg, shouldn’t be too difficult.

1 Like

Perfectly safe under a different piece of tin, (most mice/voles run before i can point the camera, this one seemed to have a moment of stage fright, i captured the moment).

Going by likes, i can see emu’s are very popular.

I have been reading it and keep checking for updates.

Heddiw - today.

Briallu mair - Cowslip.

Edit: henddraig has done a good job by asking the difference between cowslip/oxlip, i have now changed the name above. i saw many many cowslips today and somehow this one stood out as different so i jumped at the oxlip option, now checking ID information i’m more suspicious this is a garden cultivar which has appeared on the common but i may be wrong.

Cheers J.P.

6 Likes

John, what is the difference between an oxlip and a cowslip. We used to get what I called cowslips on some of our Gower cliffs. They were dying out due to spraying, so my ‘Auntie’ and I saved some into her garden and, when hers had started to spread, I took a plant to my little London garden! I always loved them. Never seen them in Argyll.
To @margaretnock more power to your elbow!

1 Like

They are pretty funny creatures, though as I am sure most Australians will attest emus are not too plush in the brain department. Emus do some pretty stupid things!

2 Likes

Not a good photo, but this Robin Goch sat on my son’s plate today and pecked at his toast! He was incredibly tame.

10 Likes

What, William?! I don’t believe you…:wink:

2 Likes

You know him well! Lol :laughing:

Gwenyn ac grawnwin.

3 Likes

Vintage yn De Awstralia

3 Likes

Cyncaeaf

2 Likes

Praying mantis. Dw i ddim yu gybod sut i duead yu cumreag. (I don’t know how to say in welsh.)

7 Likes

Arall.

4 Likes

That’s such a beautiful shot :star:

2 Likes

Heddiw wrth ochr camlas - today beside the canal.

Lindys o’r gwyfyn yfwr gwlith - Caterpillar of the Drinker moth.

Cheers J.P.

9 Likes

Diolch Aran

Es i’r parc ddoe, a dyma Beth weles i. I went to the park yesterday, and this is what I saw:

Crychydd - heron (nankeen night heron, to be precise, but I have no idea how to translate that!)

13 Likes