Cheers J.P.

8 Likes

Ddoe - Yesterday

Y gramenog fawr - Greater knapweed.
Bysedd y cŵn - Foxgloves

8 Likes

My favourite flower, diolch :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Mae’r Siglen fraith yn gadael y nyth y bore 'ma. - The Pied wagtail leaving the nest this morning.

5 Likes

Heddiw, oedd y tywydd yn boeth - Today, the weather was hot.

Troedwas pedwar smotyn bach - Four dotted footman.

Tegeirian y wenynen - Bee orchid.

Cheers J.P.

8 Likes

Dren stem. Pichi Richi railroad in Quorn South Australia on the old Gahn line. The name Gahn comes from the old Afghan cameleers who opened up the SA out back.

6 Likes

Adar eistedd ur hen danc. Galah gwyn du i’n meddwl. (Birds sitting on an old tank. White Galahs I think.)

6 Likes

Un mwy llun gyda windmill (one more picture with a windmill ( part of))

5 Likes

Awesome colour

1 Like

Lovely to see your land, wild life… just all that is different!

2 Likes

Cheers, I am lucky that I work in remote location so there is usually a fair bit to see.

1 Like

Heddiw - today.

Cleddlys canghennog - Branched bur reed.

Lindys o mantell paun - caterpillar of the peacock butterfly.
Note: the six (tiny black) true legs at the front, as this is an insect these will be legs of the butterfly that emerges after pupation, the other what look like legs are claspers /pseudo- legs, basically modified skin of the caterpillar to help it move around and grip when needed, these will not appear on the butterfly (nature is rather clever).

Cheers J.P.

9 Likes

Ooooh, lovely. It looks like a night sky, except with barren winter trees on top.

2 Likes

Bid siŵr - certainly is.

Dim ond cipolwyg - just a glimpse.
Song thrush feeding a chick - Bronfraith yn bwydo cyw.

Amazing how wide their beaks can open. Big enough for a whole snail - malwoden.

Great spotted woodpecker enjoying ants - Cnocell Fraith Fwyaf yn mwynhau morgrug.

8 Likes

Gwybedog Mannog or spotted flycatcher. They have a nest over the road from me.

6 Likes

Mound spring, (dw i ddim yn gybod sut i duead i yn cymreag). These are spots in the outback where artesian groundwater (groundwater under pressure) comes out of the ground. Over hundreds to thousands of years the minerals from the water deposit in the area creating a mound.

7 Likes

Madfall bach (small lizard)

9 Likes

Nyth adar yn ur hen tan (birds nest in the old fire)

7 Likes

Marw coden (dead tree)

8 Likes

Hen arwydd (old sign) I went out groundwater monitoring at work today and I took these few pics on the way.
Cheers,
Leighton

3 Likes