What's outside

I gather the fairies are only playing because the taste is so horrid anyone would spit it out at once! Still it’s a shame because they do look yummy.

1 Like

@Deborah-SSi In the n/l today, mentioned her garden shed shaking in the wind, and, safe in Argyll, sheltered to the south by a steep hill, I offer commiserations to any who suffered damage due to ex-hurricane Ophelia. When I was still working in London and only getting to Gower at weekends, I once had a friend to stay. We drove into town (Abertawe) for something and, on the way back, came around a corner…and there, in the middle of the road, was a garden shed, upright and in good order, door closed. Only it’s location betrayed that it didn’t belong there! I hope Dee’s shed does not end up in a similar situation and that all of you manage not to have anything important, valuable or dangerous blown away! Oddly, on that day with the shed in the road, we hadn’t thought the winds all that bad!!

1 Like

It was fine, diolch. It just looked funny the way it was wobbling about. I hadn’t seen it do that before :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That kind of wind, even when it isn’t a hurricane any more, is pretty impressive and can do some pretty amazing things. Of course, we don’t get hurricanes in the middle of the USA, but we do have some pretty powerful winds sometimes (and also tornados, which can be much more descructive than hurricanes because they give so little warning). I have never actually seen a tornado, but powerful straight-line winds I have seen.

3 Likes

Swmae pawb. Arrived at temple 86 ddoe, yesterday. Raining today so, as I’d been on the go for nine days, I didn’t go further than Pizza Hut! Yfory, tomorrow, the plan is to get to 87 and 88. The forecast which was good for Saturday now isn’t and it’s going to be raining Sunday and Monday as well. Side effects of Typhoon (teiffŵn?) Lan. There are 88 temples to visit but as I started at 24 I still have more to visit.

4 Likes

There are very few fungi of this colour in Radnorshire or the rest of the UK, but they certainly stand out where they do grow. This is the verdigris roundhead, a scarce woodland edge fungi and when it is young, the cap is even bluer. As it ages, the blue fades and it becomes quite green. Slimy when young, as the cap matures it becomes very sticky.

Picture and description borrowed from Radnorshire Wildlife Trust Facebook page.

9 Likes

Wow. That is something I never knew existed! Diolch!

1 Like

Mae’r dail yn troi…tipyn bach o lliwiau hydref. The leaves are turning…a little bit of autumn color:

6 Likes

gwich iawn - really great.

I have not seen this species (stropharia aeruginosa) for three years, despite knowing where they grow.

Taith Margaret - Margaret’s journey.

Cheers J.P.

5 Likes

Wow. I would love to spot these @theresacorbett. I keep looking.
In a stark contrast these from my garden. Aptly named “ugly milkcaps”.
Lactarius turpis. Cap llaeth hyll.

& a pretty visitor. Ymwelydd del. Deserving of a prettier name.
Grey wagtail. Siglen lwyd.

6 Likes

All our wagtails seem to be pied! (brith?)

1 Like

amser aeron - Berries time.

Ywen - yew.

Picwnen ar iorwg - Wasp on ivy.

Cheers J.P.

8 Likes

Pethau dw i ddim wedi eu gweld ar y daith.
Things I haven’t seen on Shikoku, but might have.

7 Likes

The berries look lovely but make sure that you spit out the pips!

1 Like

Taith Margaret - Margaret’s journey.

Cheers J.P.

9 Likes

Lovely autumn colour in Cymru today.

Waxcap. Cap cwyr. Probably scarlet (because it’s the most common of the red ones).

11 Likes

Wow!

2 Likes

View South West from Rhigos Road today, above the South Wales Valleys.

5 Likes

Actually in Bristol (England), but with a Welsh theme.

2 Likes

Rhywbeth welais echdoe. Sai’n gwybod pa fath o neidr oedd e.

Something I saw the day before yesterday. I don’t know what sort of snake it was and didn’t want to get any closer for a better picture.

6 Likes