What's outside

I have just discovered the down side to trips to far off lands! If I see a snake in UK, I can get really close as long as I don’t scare the poor little thing, but if it might launch itself and bite with really dangerous venom, I’d be obliged to stay well back! :sob:

1 Like

My guess is that it some type of viper, but to be fair, that group includes rattle snakes, etc.

1 Like

Sorry haven’t been on for a while but I thought I would upload this pic of of a bearded dragon I took today.

4 Likes

Another draig barf

5 Likes

My second favourite (fy ail hoff). Chinese water dragons are prettier!

2 Likes

Wedi gorffen y pererindrod heddiw gan gyrraedd yn ôl lle dw i wedi dechrau, teml Hotsumisakiji, 24. Un gan mwy, i ymweld â mynydd Koya-san, lle gaeth Kobo Daishi ei gladd. Finished the pilgrimage today by visiting Hotsumisakiji, where I started. One step more, to visit Koya-san mountain, where Kobo Daishi was buried.

3 Likes

What an amazing achievement.

1 Like

Diolch Sharon. I did, in the end, freely avail myself of buses and trains but I also did a good amount of walking, and I did visit each and every temple and say my prayers at each of two temple/altars. Met some lovely people, some amazing people, some who were both. And a lot more people know where Wales is than did before.:wink:

4 Likes

Well that one is completely wild in it’s natrual habitat

1 Like

Oh, I know! I’ve never seen any kind of dragon in the wild, just little British lizards and lots of slow worms, which are legless lizards and for whom I have a big soft spot! I do envy you your reptiles, but never , ever your nasty eight legged creatures!

2 Likes

Helo pawb!

I wasn’t here in this topic for a while and to be honest I’ve just scrolled down to see the pictures which are, as always, great. But I decided to share with you one of the best pictures my husband made on Tuesday when we wento to visit ZOO in our capital city - Ljubljana. The ZOO is setled into natural habitat of the hill Rožnik where the most animals can move freely in their habitats which more or less have no or little fence and, if it’s not really needed, are not encaged at all. So, this picture could be really made as best as possible. Here is, my ladies and gentlemen Mr. Tiger himself!

tiger = teigr

You can read all about Ljubljana ZOO here Unfortunately the pages of ZOO Ljujbljana directly are not in Englilsh though. .

On the other news: storks didn’t have youngsters this year. We actually had the feeling that the pair this year was too young to have their babies what made us think there actually came the young storks of previous older pair. What happened to older pair we don’t know.

Hwyl!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Cyrn gwyn - candle snuff (ffwng - fungus).

Lleuad uwchben eglwys - moon above church.

Alarch ddu codi nyth - black swan making nest (in November !!!).

Cheers J.P.

10 Likes

So sad there were no young for the storks. In other newyddion Gymreig, two thirds of the seal pups on Skomer island, off Pembrokeshire, died in the recent storms. And in newyddion rhwngwladol, international news, only two Adéili penguin chicks survived this winter in a colony of 40,000 birds on Petrels island in the Antarctic.

2 Likes

Where are the black swans? Are they not from Australia?
To @margaretnock dreadful. Global warming - global pollution and whole populations in real trouble! Eventually it will be Homo so-called-sapiens!

1 Like

@henddraig, I think we’ve arrived there already.

2 Likes

Aethon ni i’r Alban wythnos diwetha.

We went to Scotland last week and saw Crested Tit titw copog.

We also saw ceirw (carw) llychlyn Cairngorm Reindeer.

8 Likes

Like @henddraig, I am curious to know where you found the black swan. I have seen then in Dawlish. I may have seen them in a park elsewhere, but I can’t remember.

1 Like

Newcastle Emlyn Castle
Castell Newydd Emlyn

8 Likes

If we’re uploading scenes of Wales, who knows where this is? I was there last week and it was stunning autumn weather - about 5C but sunny and glorious!

5 Likes

At the river Taff I presume, the look on the Sophia Gardens from the Castle Bridge???

3 Likes