What's outside

Great photo!!

1 Like

One of these days I will actually get to the top of Yr Wyddfa. If you’re planning to go up any time let me know, and I might just jump in the car and come and join you … though perhaps not when there is that much snow on it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lwc dda, @Deborah-SSi, and when you get to the top, take a picture for me, please! I was always with my ‘auntie’ who was, at that time, 80+ and had arthritic knees. She didn’t fancy the train, and there was no way she’d have made it on foot, so I never even tried! Now, it’s too late - my own health is shot at an age when ‘Auntie’ was still going strong!

2 Likes

Absolutely Dee! we may well go for it in the spring! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Jim and I hiked up from the other side years ago, and last year when we were there, Jim’s brother-in-law and niece hiked up the Rhyd Ddu path while we, along with Jim’s sister, took the train. The view from up there is amazing!

3 Likes

Eira!

4 Likes

It’s here too!

1 Like

dda iawn gyda lluniau iawn pawb - well done with the great pictures people.
i have not been getting anything interesting lately.

Hen coed derwen - old oak tree.

Cheers J.P.

5 Likes

Glad you are still with us. I was wortied you might be ill!

1 Like

Heddiw - today.

Cennin pedr wedi dechrau ymddangos - Daffodils starting to appear.

cheers J.P.

10 Likes

Lucky you! Everything is very late here, had snow and ice on and off. Mind, lovely heron in our pond! Janet took pics as she had her iphone on her. If any good, will put one on here! Toffi yapped her head off at Monster and, when I finally opened the back door, ran up the steps eagerly yappng, realised it’s size and proceeded to advance in small bursts, yapping. The heron looked at her and she began to back in small bursts! It was still there when she fled back indoors! It seemed to be eating pondweed. We (well, Janet, I don’t get up there now) have seen no frogs yet or tadpoles. But lots of larvae live in the depths (such as there are) so may be in with the weed to add protein!

2 Likes

Here on the pond!

7 Likes

And what I did not see, but Janet did…

…on to drws nesa … next door’s roof!
Is this creyr glas?

8 Likes

Oh, that’s lovely!

1 Like

Check this out, just next to our supermarket.
https://www.emsc-csem.org/Earthquake/Testimonies/comments.php?id=649041

2 Likes

From the posts I saw on facebook, it was felt in Monmouth too.

2 Likes

Yes, mb 4.8. That’s pretty strong, isn’t it? Is that the same as the Richter scale?

1 Like

The mb is magnitude body wave - the new measurements are different but more accurate than the Richter scale at higher magnitudes, although at this level (4.8) both scales are roughly the same.

6.1 Richter has been the strongest in the UK - back in 1931

2 Likes

Not sure of date, 70s or 80s, something woke us on Gower, didn’t know what! Nexr morning phone call from ‘Uncle’ in Gwynedd, they’d had an earthquake, house shook so bad whole family ended up in their bed! (Out of fright!) He had been somewhere they were common, so reassured all. It had woken us at the extreme other end of Wales!

1 Like

I remember feeling a minor shock in Peterborough (I think), which had travelled from Northampton. That was also in the 80s. It just felt as if someone had slammed a modern car door.

1 Like