What's outside

Heddiw - today yn Australia:

And turning directly around 180 degrees:

7 Likes

Ah sorry. I hope I didn’t wake you.

1 Like

:wink: I’m old enough to turn my devices off when sleeping :wink:

2 Likes

Penrhiwllan near Newcastle Emlyn Ceridigion today. Plenty of Welsh conversations with the tarmac gang. They can see the difference in my Welsh from last autumn :smiley:

8 Likes

Heddiw - today.

Llygaid ebrill - Lesser celandine. (hoping spring will be on time this year).

Cheers J.P.

10 Likes

Meanwhile, in Australia
Wy is it really that hot :rage:

We stuck a candy-thermometer in — we could only dig down about 2 inches and it read about 200 degrees Celsius within 30 seconds, and then it just melted the glass."

7 Likes

I’m cenfigennus (jealous) of your flowers, @ramblingjohn - it’s snowing here now, we are going to get 4-6 inches (10-15 cm) and then it’s going to turn to sleet/freezing rain, and then rain. Diflas! (Miserable!)

@Sean-O I’m in awe of your egg. I couldn’t “like” your post because there’s nothing to like about frying eggs on the ground. Mae hynny’n ddiflas, hefyd :frowning_face: (That’s miserable, too!)

Edited to add: I just read the article - spontaneous combustion! Wow! I think I would move somewhere else!!!

3 Likes

Welcome to crematoria…

1 Like

You are a braver soul than I… :hot_face:

We look forward to being transported with joy sometime in the not too distant future.
Last night we even needed a duvet…:hushed:

1 Like

@AnnaC
…and back to allan heddiw…
We enjoy our little black bird and his annual clutch. A little audio taste of home for us both. He sings beautifully and comes to show off his younglings when they are old enough.

2 Likes

We seem to be over a month behind you.

The croci must have self-seeded; I certainly haven’t planted them.

Raymond

7 Likes

I noticed these frogs - brogaod, in our garden pond this morning.

10 Likes

Nice pic @dougewart I heard them in our pond for the first time this year today too. They were being very shy though.

3 Likes

Yes they’re croaking away here too.

2 Likes

Frogs yesterday; frog spawn - grifft broga, today!!

9 Likes

Neithiwr, oedd hi’n bwrw eira yma eto. Mae fy ngŵr i yn mynd i rofio’r rhodfa nawr. Dw i’n moyn gwanwyn!

Last night it snowed here again. My husband is going to shovel the driveway now. I want spring!

Question - I took a shot at “shovel the driveway” using a dictionary, but I have no idea if that’s how anyone in Wales would actually say it. Correction appreciated!

2 Likes

Cheating slightly, but personally I’d probably play safe and go for the “clirio” verb. Only because I know that it is common use for “to clear”.

Not to say that your suggestion isn’t valid, as I would be guessing.

2 Likes

Grêt, diolch! I’d like to sound as natural as possible, and frankly, “rofio’r rhodfa” is a bit of a mouthful! :joy:

2 Likes

Ah…I’ve looked that up…lots of choices!:
Verb : rofiem, rofia, rofia’, rofiaf, rofiai, rofiais, rofiaist, rofian, rofiant, rofiasai, rofiasant, rofiodd, rofiasem, rofiasent, rofiasid, rofiasit, rofiasoch, rofiasom, rofiaswn, rofid, rofiech, rofied, rofiom, rofien, rofient, rofier, rofies, rofiest, rofiet, rofiff, rofio, rofioch, rofi, rofiasech, rofion, rofiont, rofir, rofith, rofiwch, rofiwn, rofiwyd, rofiwyf, rofiych, rhofiem, rhofia, rhofia’, rhofiaf, rhofiai, rhofiais, rhofiaist, rhofian, rhofiant, rhofiasai, rhofiasant, rhofiodd, rhofiasem, rhofiasent, rhofiasid, rhofiasit, rhofiasoch, rhofiasom, rhofiaswn, rhofid, rhofiech, rhofied, rhofiom, rhofien, rhofient, rhofier, rhofies, rhofiest, rhofiet, rhofiff, rhofio, rhofioch, rhofi, rhofiasech, rhofion, rhofiont, rhofir, rhofith, rhofiwch, rhofiwn, rhofiwyd, rhofiwyf, rhofiych
Try getting that in English :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes