What's outside

Heddiw - Today.

Gwyfyn teires lleiaf - Lesser treble bar.

Lindys teigr y benfelen - Cinnabar caterpillar.

Mantell paun o dan adain - under wing of peacock.

Picas robin - Robins pincushion.

Cheers J.P.

9 Likes

This cactus only blooms a couple of nights a year. Caught it this morning before it had closed up again completely.

13 Likes

Cachgi bwm

9 Likes

Still very few sitings of butterflies in my garden but I did see a few Small Whites, I think the number of spots on the wings tell me that this is female (benywaidd). I have tried unsuccessfully to find its Welsh name so, if you know, please tell me.

6 Likes

@dougewart It’s Gwyn bach! :slight_smile: And it high time you got yourself a copy of Iolo’s LLyfr Nature methinks! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks very much @Cetra. I feel rather stupid now as the name is so obvious. I’ll look out for a copy of Iolo’s book it will go nicely with his Llyfr Adar which is always within easy reach of my desk when it isn’t in my pocket.

2 Likes

They’re both great books! I only just got a copy of Llyfr Adar last week and I’m very pleased with it! Llyfr Natur is always within my reach! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Found this beauty in my garden yesterday - Gold Spot, so maybe smotyn aur?
I’ve started a blog in Welsh about my garden too btw - it will be about wildlife as well as gardening :slight_smile: Please drop by and have a look :slight_smile: https://ynyrardd.wordpress.com/ :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Gold spot - gem smotiau aur.
great find , thanks for the image.

Cheers J.P.

1 Like

Diolch John! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Blog bendigedig Cetra!
Great blog Cetra, look forward to seeing more!

2 Likes

Diolch yn fawr Siaron! :slight_smile: Its exciting and terrifying but I might be talking to Sian Cothi on Radio Cymu about it tomorrow!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent! You’ll be fine - same as talking to anyone else! (At this rate, you’ll be on ‘Garddio a Mwy’ before you know it! :wink: )

2 Likes

Really enjoyed the blog. Will try to remember to listen to Bore Cothi tomorrow.

2 Likes

Thank you, Doug! So glad you like it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ardderchog! Ardderchog!!! Da iawn ti.

2 Likes

I heard it live and you smashed it @Cetra - absolutely smashed it. Well done - you were fantastic - you didn’t sound nervous at all.

Rich :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you Rich! I think Radio Cymru must have a sound effect machine that makes people sound more confident than they are! :joy:

2 Likes

Da iawn @Cetra I’d love to have a listen. Do you remember what time you were on?

1 Like

Hi Ruth! Here’s a link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000lv9j I start at about 20 minutes in! Hope you enjoy it! :slight_smile:

3 Likes