SSi Forum

What's outside

Ooh that was brill. Couldn’t tell you were nervous, a natural! Da iawn.

Thank you, Ruth! :slight_smile: Probably the best thing about being on the Radio is all the lovely messages that I’ve been getting afterwards!!! :slight_smile: Thank you everyone! :slight_smile:

Well done Cetra. You are very brave and deserve the accolades!

Thank you Karen! :slight_smile:

This is useful :slight_smile: Any advice on when to say pilipala and when to say gloyn byw or are they interchangeable, please? :slight_smile:image

Heddiw - Today.

Cymylau uwch ben to - Clouds above roof.

Cheers J.P.

I’d got the impression that the differing words for butterfly was a regional thing - if there’s a technical difference that would be very helpful to know!
From the heading, I take it that these are all daytime flyers…

I think you can use them both in Swansea.

This post is in the Welsh Speaking Practice thread, but there’s a suggestion to start a photography discussion group, and as many of you are keen photographers, I thought you might be interested.

Heddiw - Today.

Madarch y maes - field mushroom.

Cheers J.P.

Heddiw - today.

Amanita gwridog - the blusher.

Madarch mewndro - Brown rollrim.

Cheers J.P.

Could this be a Parasol Mushroom, Macrolepiota sp?
Mixed woodland, deciduous and pines. Soil probably sandy. The bottom of the stem was swollen but I didn’t see any sign of a volva.
Sorry, couldn’t find a Welsh name.
Sue

And this looks like another Madarch mewndro but older, scruffier, and with a lot of staining on the gills.
Sue

Seen today on the banks of the River Thames (Afon Tafwys) on Oxford SSiW walk

Pwyswydden - Spindle tree

Amanita’r gwybed
Amanita muscaria
Fly agaric
There was a large group in Bagley Wood, Oxfordshire. Most had been partly eaten.
Sue