SSi Forum

What's outside

I have now bought a book of fungus names in Welsh so I can add a name to the picture above.
cyrn gwyn
Xylaria hypoxylon
Candlesnuff or stagshorn fungus.
Sue

cynffon twrci
Trametes versicolor
turkeytail
Sue

Robin goch yng Ngwlad y Basg - a robin in the Basque Country!

What a lovely photo!

Heddiw - today.

Lliwiau’r hydref - Autumn colours.

Cheers J.P.

I took this shot of a Blue Tit -Titw Tomos Las yesterday but, when I got onto the computer, I noticed something in the lower right corner. I’m not sure what it is.

Could it be a Chaffinch - Ji-binc, a Brambling - Pinc y Mynydd, or even a Nuthatch - Delor y Cnau ? I know the image is far from clear but I’d be grateful for any suggestions. I’m sure @Cetra will know.

S’mae @dougewart! Possibly nuthatch I think… :slight_smile:

Hmmm… in blowing that corner of the photo up, I don’t think the reddish thing down in the corner is a bird at all. I think it is a leftover leaf that hasn’t fallen yet.

Yes Sionned, I think you’re right.

Possibly Fomes fomentarius, hoof fungus, carn y fedwen? 25-30 cm across.
Beth bynnag, math o ffwng ysgwydd.

Sue

Heddiw - Today.

Mae’r robin goch yn dal i sefyll ar fy mhen-glin i fwyta briwsion caws.
The robin still stands on my knee to eat cheese crumbs.

Cheers J.P.

Hey all, apologies if this has been sent in previous years. I’ve just signed up for the RSPB “Big Garden Birdwatch” and noticed that they have a bird identifier in Welsh. It’s a bit limited but handy for beginners like me as well as for anyone doing this with kids. The link is here;

Edit: should have said that the identifiers are at the bottom of the page I mentioned above, and that the participation form is also available in Welsh

Mae’r gamlas wedi rhewi. / The canal has frozen.

Naddo, wnes i ddim trio cerdded arna hi!/ No, I didn’t try to walk on it!

Went on a little hike in a nearby canyon last weekend

Dyffryn Nantlle from Y Fron 2 days ago… Blwyddyn Newydd Dda!

I envy you that gorgeous view!!!

Glas y dorlan heddiw! :slight_smile: The sun was so bright it looked more emerald green than blue!

That’s an amazing photo @Cetra! :heart:

Diolch @CatrinLliarJones! :heart_eyes:

Badger track in the mud :slight_smile: Ôl troed mochyn daear yn y mwd! :slight_smile: