What's outside

I have now bought a book of fungus names in Welsh so I can add a name to the picture above.
cyrn gwyn
Xylaria hypoxylon
Candlesnuff or stagshorn fungus.
Sue

3 Likes

cynffon twrci
Trametes versicolor
turkeytail
Sue

7 Likes

Robin goch yng Ngwlad y Basg - a robin in the Basque Country!

12 Likes

What a lovely photo!

3 Likes

Heddiw - today.

Lliwiau’r hydref - Autumn colours.

Cheers J.P.

8 Likes

I took this shot of a Blue Tit -Titw Tomos Las yesterday but, when I got onto the computer, I noticed something in the lower right corner. I’m not sure what it is.

Could it be a Chaffinch - Ji-binc, a Brambling - Pinc y Mynydd, or even a Nuthatch - Delor y Cnau ? I know the image is far from clear but I’d be grateful for any suggestions. I’m sure @Cetra will know.

5 Likes

S’mae @dougewart! Possibly nuthatch I think… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm… in blowing that corner of the photo up, I don’t think the reddish thing down in the corner is a bird at all. I think it is a leftover leaf that hasn’t fallen yet.

2 Likes

Yes Sionned, I think you’re right.

Possibly Fomes fomentarius, hoof fungus, carn y fedwen? 25-30 cm across.
Beth bynnag, math o ffwng ysgwydd.

Sue

6 Likes

Heddiw - Today.

Mae’r robin goch yn dal i sefyll ar fy mhen-glin i fwyta briwsion caws.
The robin still stands on my knee to eat cheese crumbs.

Cheers J.P.

20 Likes

Hey all, apologies if this has been sent in previous years. I’ve just signed up for the RSPB “Big Garden Birdwatch” and noticed that they have a bird identifier in Welsh. It’s a bit limited but handy for beginners like me as well as for anyone doing this with kids. The link is here;

Edit: should have said that the identifiers are at the bottom of the page I mentioned above, and that the participation form is also available in Welsh

5 Likes

Mae’r gamlas wedi rhewi. / The canal has frozen.

Naddo, wnes i ddim trio cerdded arna hi!/ No, I didn’t try to walk on it!

12 Likes

Went on a little hike in a nearby canyon last weekend

11 Likes

Dyffryn Nantlle from Y Fron 2 days ago… Blwyddyn Newydd Dda!

20 Likes

I envy you that gorgeous view!!!

1 Like

Glas y dorlan heddiw! :slight_smile: The sun was so bright it looked more emerald green than blue!

18 Likes

That’s an amazing photo @Cetra! :heart:

2 Likes

Diolch @CatrinLliarJones! :heart_eyes:

Badger track in the mud :slight_smile: Ôl troed mochyn daear yn y mwd! :slight_smile:

14 Likes