What's outside

Heddiw - Today.

Briallu - Primrose.

Fioled ber - Sweet violet.

Carn yr ebol - Clolt’s foot. (click on image for full size).

Cheers J.P.

14 Likes

I’ve managed to get into the garden after a cold, very wet winter and noticed these: a lichen cen y coed on the, still very bare. hedge. Someone will know what variety in both English and Welsh I’m sure.

I also spotted this snail malwen. I think it may be a brown-lipped snail malwen gwefus frown???

8 Likes

Hwrê!! Beavers are back in Wales!!!:heart_eyes: https://www.bbc.co.uk/cymrufyw/56570160
I’n so jealous though… I want to be released into the wild in Wales by Iolo too!!! :rofl:
(Beaver = afanc)

4 Likes

Titw Tomos Las

15 Likes

Waw, yn gynnar fawr!

2 Likes

Today, nestling under a hedge

Cowslips? Oxslips? False Oxslips? / Briallu? Briallu-Mair di-sawr? Briallu croesryw? (not really sure how to tell them apart … :thinking:)

And as it was outside, in a shed in the corner of a field of chickens (and it’s the first one I’ve seen - maybe I’ve led a sheltered life :slightly_smiling_face:), a self-service egg vending machine 30 for £8:

10 Likes

I could hear bees in the garden this afternoon and managed to get some pictures of two very different types. The larger of the two was black with an orange bottom.

The smaller one was clearly striped with a whitish bottom.

Finally a picture of the orange bottom… not taken from its best side!

10 Likes

Heddiw - Today.

Gloyn byw gwyn blaen oren gyntaf - First orange tip butterfly.
(not a good photo).

Bronfraith - Song thrush.

Cheers J.P.

9 Likes

Britheg, fritillary, Fritillaria meleagris
Sue

9 Likes

Marddanadl melyn, yellow archangel (or yellow dead nettle), Lamiastrum galeobdolon.
with some leaves of danadl poethion, stinging nettle, Urtica dioica, among them.
Sue

6 Likes

Wood anemones / blodau’r gwynt (& in the distance a few bluebells / clychau’r gog) from last Wednesday’s walk in Radley Wood, nr Oxford - diolch i’n arweinydd ni, @Betterlatethan :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Heddiw - today.

Siglen lwyd - Grey wagtail.

draenog yn fy ngardd gyda’r nos - hedgehog in my garden at night.

Cheers J.P.

11 Likes

Last night on the river bank I could hear lots of chaffinches Ji-binc calling from the hedges by the side of the path.

10 Likes

Blodeuo ceirios - cherry blossom

12 Likes

Blodeuo am fy coeden afal Ynys Enlli - blossom on my Bardsey apple tree.

11 Likes

Eithin efo Moelfre yn y cefndir.

Gorse with Moelfre in the background.

11 Likes

On a pavement not far from central Oxford, a rather sad result of last night’s stormy weather. There was a third nestling not far away which had suffered the same fate. They had some yellowish and dark grey colourings on them, so goldfinches / nicos perhaps??

Can’t really click the:heart: icon, but thanks for sharing and reminding us that ‘everything in the garden is NOT lovely’.

4 Likes

Babi robin goch

11 Likes

Heddiw - Today.

Gwennol - Swallow.

Pidyn y gog - Lords and ladies.

Cheers J.P.

9 Likes