Why did you decide to try SSiW?

I was drawn to SSiW because it is focused on listening and speaking to promote early attempts at using the language in conversation as used day to day. It encourages you to try speaking the language to others no matter how much or how little you have learnt. My grandmother was Welsh and I heard my father speak Welsh for the very first time a couple of weeks ago, he is 95 and was recovering from surgery. Although I knew a little Welsh many years ago, I now have a renewed eagerness to learn again so starting at the very beginning with Lesson 1. Thank you.

1 Like

:sunglasses:

Then along came @garethrking with a certain Grammar and died up all the tears :rofl:

3 Likes

I had tried other programs but I relied too much on reading the words and phrases, rather than learning to listen. For me, learning to listen is a lot harder than learning through reading, but my understanding is so much greater with SSiW.
I did some of the free bits at SSiW a few years ago and even just tipping my toes in I remember more from that, than from anything I studied on other programs.

2 Likes