Would anyone like to share their duolingo name?

Uhm…I don’t really have a clear idea, just thought it could be fun - a dweud y gwir. :slight_smile:
Let me think about it a bit!

p.s. not sure that “a” makes sense, but that’s the sound that pops up in my mind…!

Hi I’m John311036 but I don’t use it much!!

1 Like

@Telyn_Marco Diolch for sharing the targets and the tick list! I had seen both ages ago and forgotten about them, but I’ve saved them now.

@Telyn_Marco @gisella-albertini I’ve been looking at your posts about the song translation and transcription (I just tried to type dranscription, which when speaking, WOULD be easier after the D in and hahaha :rofl:)… anyway, I had the idea that this activity might be better accomplished as a cooperation rather than a competition. I imagine a dedicated post, as well as a set of Google Docs maybe, where we can share the words we understand with each other and complete them together. I might be able to hear parts you can’t and vice versa, or what you heard might trigger an understanding in my mind of what follows in the next line… Let me know what you think.

As a gesture of goodwill :wink: here is a link to a new song that just came out a few days ago by Gwilym that I’ve been listening to and writing down random words and phrases I hear, (or imagine I do anyway!) in no particular order :sweat_smile: It’s not much to go on and needs a LOT of filling in! :laughing:

\Neidia/ - Gwilym

i wenu (gwenu)
dechrau
deffro
ti’n mwynhau y drama
siŵr
dŵr
seren
lleuad
amser
cai
caru
gweld y bore
y cyfle wedi mynd
lle
cysgu

4 Likes

Great idea there from @sasha-lathrop! As I mentioned in @gisella-albertini 's new topic, I think this would be fun and a very good use of energy! It would also be simple to open it up to all-comers! :man_dancing::nerd_face::100:

1 Like

Also realised this will be infinitely better as much needed practice in recognising the spoken word which, in my case at least, needs to go a little way to catch up with my written comprehension. I’m in! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Here’s a link to @gisella-albertini 's new topic, in case anyone wants to pop on over!

Hi, I’ve just come back to SSiW after an extended break. I have been dabbling with Duolingo over the past year though. My Duolingo name is:

Wendy794356

1 Like

Hiya, I’ve just been adding people on my Duolingo, when I searched for Quamie there were quite a few so please feel free to follow me so that I can follow you (that doesn’t sound creepy at all). I’m Wendy (Wendy794356) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not creepy at all! I added you, thanks!

1 Like

Added! Got quite the little group together now! :grinning:

2 Likes

Just in case anyone didn’t know this:
Mae jiráff newydd gyda Megan!
I thought it would be only fair to keep you all up to speed on this development! :rofl:

2 Likes

Well …“Cyn ymddeol mae Owen eisiau bwyta pannas”
lol

3 Likes

Mae Owen eisiau bwyta pannas pinc hefyd! :rofl:

3 Likes

That’s a great idea! My Duolingo name is … talk amongst yourselves while I burrow around trying to find out where to look :wink: … ah, here it is: “Janet_M44”. I try to do a bit every day, though sometimes my patience is sorely tried by the need to enter “visitor, visitors” for the 450th time … Honestly, Duolingo, I got it on the 398th time. Hwyl, Janet

3 Likes

Mine is ‘Charlotte’ (Charlotte694) with a butterfly profile picture. I have been doing Duolingo for about a year and have half the lessons up to level 5. I think it has really helped running along side SSIW.

3 Likes

If anyone else goes crazy trying to understand why every time you click “follow” Duolingo instantly unfollows that person :angry: is just that you need at least 1 day streak to be allowed to do it!

So this thread is working: I had to do a lesson, thanks/because of you! :laughing:

5 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Mine’s JD.Hogan-Davies.

1 Like

Araveug dw i.