Would you like to be on S4C?

Diolch :blush:

1 Like

@sarapeacock wyt ti wedi meddwl am wneud hyn? Mae dy fywyd di wedi newid cymaint!

(Have you thought of doing this? Your life has changed so much.)

2 Likes

I haven’t sat down to watch it yet @Deborah-SSi but have heard it in the background whilst doing the chores - it sounded absolutely fantastic and I’m looking forward to sitting down and watching it properly. You are an incredible inspiration and such a kind, compassionate and valuable member of the SSiW team. :heart:

5 Likes

Sori, Dee - dim ond newydd weld hwn. Dw i’n mor swil ar ran bod ar y teledu ayyb. Ond r’ot ti’n ffab - da iawn!!

(Sorry, Dee - only just seen this. I’m so shy when it comes to being on the telly etc. But you were great - well done!)

1 Like

I was really nervous about it, but decided to push myself outside my comfort zone to show others that it can be done. The staff are very supportive and when you’re chatting you forget about the cameras :slight_smile:

4 Likes

…also aside from the bit behind the camera - the rest is really fun.

Driving straight into the car park and saying “Dw i’n mynd i fod ar Prynhawn Da p’nawn 'ma” into the intercom (I’m meant to be on Prynhawn Da this afternoon) and being let into the car park is so surreal.

The second thing for me was arriving a bit early and being directed to the canteen where not only were we given some coffee and biscuits - but we got to see Welsh celebs hanging about in the canteen having their dinner - a really weird but cool thing! Seeing Huw Fash walking around with his dinner and Rhodri Owen finishing his chips was incredibly odd but quite exciting!

Just watching how they put everything together was really interesting for me, because I guess I incorrectly assumed that everything was just filmed live as it happened. When the intro trailer plays and they do that “At 2.10 we’ll meet John Smith, At 2.30 we’ll meet Dee, at 2.40 we’ll meet Nicky” I just assumed the cameramen were running around the studio - this turned out not to be the case and they’re actually filmed about half an hour before go live.

Plus the guy who was on before me was lovely and gave me a free copy of his new book - which Lara has since hogged and I’ve not seen since the day of filming.

Plus, after filming finished we went to Pizza Hut and took advantage of not having a branch anywhere near us in Aber :slight_smile:

Would fully recommend anyone thinking of this to do it!

4 Likes

I actually got a free lunch there too! I had to leave home early to allow time for a taxi coming to collect me if I broke down on the way as my car was playing up. I’d let them know I was having problems, so they gave me a number to ring and were all prepared to get me if they needed to. The car ran OK though so I got there quite early and hadn’t had time for lunch. I thought I’d just let them know I had arrived safely, then go off and get something to eat, but I was taken through to the canteen and told to get myself some lunch!

I found that pre-filming bit where you just have to sit and smile at the camera was a bit weird though. It seemed to take ages, and I’m sure I had a weird look on my face :smile:

3 Likes

Exactly! I was sitting there for what must have been about 45 seconds just smiling into the camera

“Gwenu, gwenu, cario ymlaen, cadw gwenu, gwenu, gwych, gwych, cario ymlaen, gwenu, gwenu”

2 Likes

Ah yes, the magic of television! :grinning: It’s very rarely like you see it on the telly! :smile:
Well done, both!

4 Likes