Yorkshire Learners Group

Sat 9th at Noon

Everyone welcome - let me know and I’ll send the link! Everything is just for fun - listen if you like! :sunny:….

if you send me topic suggestions, I’ll put them on the list and they’ll come up in future weeks…just like the example below…

Topic…

Just A Minute ?! (sort of) - beth am Ugain Eiliad! :grin:What about twenty seconds!?

• Speak for 20 seconds - or as long as you can manage - about a film, TV program, radio program, book - anything really - without hesitation, deviation or repetition! :open_mouth:

• Pick someone who hasn’t had a turn. You can offer them a choice of things to tell them about - up to 3? - if your Welsh halo is shining - or not - simply tell them what you have prepared.

• As it’s ‘Strictly Season’, for a little fun, the person will give them some feedback and a score out of ten - based on any mistakes - then it’s their turn!

…and, if there is any time left…

What’s happening…?

…with you at the moment?

Kids Joke to finish…

…see if you can find one which works in Welsh.

Rich :slight_smile:

Morning- could I have the link for today please. Thanks Siân

1 Like

Hi @sian-45

It is the same link each week :slightly_smiling_face:

Ricb

Sat 16th at Noon

Everyone welcome - let me know and I’ll send the link! Everything is just for fun - listen if you like! :sunny:….

Topic…

Its learners week - time for the train to leave the station again! :grin:

So ‘all aboard’…say whatever you can - a sentence…or two…or three - about learning Welsh .

• How long have you been learning Welsh? Are you happy with what you can say? What’s do you want or need to do next?

• For those who are more confident - if you are able to say more - and want to (!) - please do. Eg what things have you tried? - reading, listening to the radio, watching TV, classes? What things do you like? What things work for you/ don’t? What would you like to be able to do?

What’s happening…?

…with you at the moment?

Kids Joke to finish…

Hel lo Rich, would it be possible to join the Yorkshire learners group. I am a rusty Welsh speaker from Ystradgynlais living in Yorkshire. Ross

Helo @ross-weekes-1

Waw, wrth gwrs, dwi’n dod o Aberhonddu yn wreiddiol!

Great, yes - I’ll send you the Zoom invite by Private Message

Rich :slightly_smiling_face:

Sat 23rd at Noon

Everyone welcome - let me know and I’ll send the link! Everything is just for fun - listen if you like! :sunny:

….if you send me topic suggestions, I’ll put them on the list and they’ll come up in future weeks…

Topic

A variation on the Yes/ no game which was popular …this time come with a simple question which has a yes/ no answer…e.g. Do you eat cheese? Did you go on holiday last year? :thinking:

Everyone will try to answer Yes or No in the right tense…and try to expand on the answer e.g. Yes, but I hated it as a child. No, I was going to Wales but it was cancelled

The Twist

The person who is going to answer the question can request a tense! This might actually be to make it simpler to answer eg a tense that they know - or to give questioner the challenge of changing it. :grin:

Nitty Gritty…(Same as usual)

• Pick someone to answer your question (who hasn’t had a turn yet)

• Ask what tense they want / agree tense…ask them question - they answer

• Then it’s their turn !

What’s happening…?

…with you at the moment?

Kids Joke to finish

Sat 30th at Noon

Everyone welcome - let me know and I’ll send the link! Everything is just for fun - listen if you like! :sunny:

….if you send me topic suggestions, I’ll put them on the list and they’ll come up in future weeks…

Topic

Tell us about someone who is either a hero or heroine of yours, or someone you admire.

• tell us who it is …or…

• …if you are happy to say more, please do - eg in what way do you admire them (for what) - how did you come to know about them

…and…

If there’s time…

• What do you think about Halloween? What will you do?

• Last week- next week: What’s happening with you at the moment?

Kids Joke to finish

Sat 6th at Noon

Topic

Show n Tell - it’s been ages! :grin:

• Bring an object to show us…

• …tell us about it/ why you’ve chosen it

If there’s time…

Kids Joke to finish

Sat 13th at Noon

Topic

Carys is in the chair this week! :dancer: :tada: Same link as usual.

• Where would you like to go next year - if it’s possible - and why?

If there’s time…

Kids Joke to finish

Thanks, Rich,
Looking forward to joining in tomorrow, 13th November, with Carys in the chair this time.

The temporary change of Chairperson prompted me to look at the Ssiw Yorkshire Group’s history.
I have long been wondering what happened to Rod, who appeared at the same meeting, in January 2018, when Rich and Emma Roberts also came for the first time, at the Brewery Tap in Leeds.

Rod was just about to move house, to live in Rodley, if I remember rightly. Are you still learning Welsh, Rod? If so, you should qualify as no longer a “Dysgwr” but a “Siaradwr Newydd” as the Cymry Cymraeg are now calling us.

It would be great to know how you are getting on. Don’t forget, through Zoom you could be in Rodley or Rhodesia and still join in.

Pob hwyl i bawb. Eileen

1 Like

Yes! I remember Rod! Seems like a long time ago. Hopefully he is still around - it would be great to catch up.

Rich :slightly_smiling_face:

Sat 20th at Noon

Topic

Chrissie is in the chair this week! :dancer::tada: Same link as usual.

• How has Covid impacted on your life?.. both the good things and the bad things

If there’s time…

Kids Joke to finish

Sat 27th at Noon

Topic

• My Welsh: The thing that is causing me trouble, I can never remember, or can’t get right! :grin:

• We did this quite a while ago, so it would be really interesting to know - if you answered this before - have things moved on?..is there something new (or not)? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

If there’s time…

Kids Joke to finish

Sat 4th at Noon

Topic

Caroline is the chair this week! :dancer:

She has also made a great topic suggestion:

• What is your first memory?

…there are a set of questions on the BBC Cymru Fyw site which get passed from person to person as a challenge - Caroline has suggested that we work through them. :+1:

If there’s time…

Kids Joke to finish

Sat 11th at Noon

Topic

This week:

• What was your best night ever? :thinking:…and…

• How would you describe yourself in three words? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

(…we are answering some great questions from BBC Cymru Fyw’s ‘Answer the call’ challenge’ - Ateb y Galw - which is passed from person to person on the website.)

If there’s time…

Kids Joke to finish

Sat 18th at Noon

Topic

This week:

• What is your favourite place in Wales and why? :thinking:…and…

• Secret Santa :santa: - think about Secret Santa gifts - we’ll create Secret Santa pairs at the start - and come back to it later :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

(…we are still answering some great questions from BBC Cymru Fyw’s ‘Answer the call’ challenge’ - Ateb y Galw - which is passed from person to person on the website.)

If there’s time…

Kids Joke to finish

Sat 1st at Noon

Topic

This week:

• What are your new year resolutions?..or things you’d like to happen or achieve in 2022? …and…

Last week/ Next week…

• How did Xmas go in the end - to plan?

• What’s next / what’s happening with you?

Kids Joke to finish

Sat 8th at Noon

Topic

We’re returning to the ‘Answer the call’ challenge this week - the questions seem both thought provoking and fun! :thinking: (from the BBC Cymru Fyw website):

• What is a memory that still makes you smile or laugh when you think of it? :grin:

• What memory still makes you feel embarrassed? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Last week/ Next week…

What’s happening with you at the moment?

Kids Joke to finish

Helo,
Enw i yw Gethin. Dwi’n Gog sy’n byw yn Rodley a ddwi’n chwilio am cwmni cymraeg i helpu i i ymarfer y iaith. Nes i edrych ar gŵgle a cyraedd y tudalen yma rhywsut? Ydi hwn yn cymdeithas cymraeg yn yorkshire?

1 Like