A little slower please

Dee you did not have to agree with that!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I know poor you, you’ll have grey hairs or none by the time I have finished learning. Thank you too for all your support! Have recommended this course to two people I know…so not all bad hihi

2 Likes

Aha - that sounds as though you’re already nailing it! And the talking hind legs off donkeys skill is incredibly valuable (and probably a central part of why you’ve already achieved what you have)… :star: :star2:

1 Like

I’m going to have to bookmark this conversation to remind myself that i’m not striving for perfection in every sentence and that getting a couple of words correct is better then nothing. If i’ve understood this right. However, i’m quite a slow talker in English so i’m finding the pauses too short to say the Welsh in.

1 Like

Definitely worth giving yourself a helping hand with the pause button - the crucial factor is to say something (right/complete or not) in the gaps… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Friends—can you hear us all cheering you on?

You only have to read this thread and others like it on the Forum to figure out you have supporters galore—folk who are also working hard to achieve their goal. It is not easy, but few things that are worthwhile and have lasting value ever are.

Unlike folk who lose their sparkle and that ‘certain something’ by stagnating or staying in their comfort zone—you are forging ahead, doing the exciting kind of mental workout by learning Welsh that will deliver benefits you never dreamed of. So hang in there.

What’s the old saying… ‘It doesn’t matter how many times you fall down, but how many times you get up’ that defines a champion. So no matter where you have reached in the process, or how long it took to get to this point, please celebrate the progress you have already made this weekend. And celebrate your efforts regularly.

Take a bow! Buy a bunch of daffs or little bottle of bubbly. Treat yourself to a latte, or brew yourself a nice cuppa’ tea—anything, but do something special to mark this moment, because you are tackling something really challenging and very rewarding. That means you are already a winner.

As for those pesky sounds that trip you up—think of them like little rocks or tree-roots that may trip you up or slow you down, but they don’t stop you from carrying on and enjoying the path before you or pleasure of reaching your destination.

Now about that nice cuppa’, oooh and a Welsh cake, yum!

Hwyl,
Mari

11 Likes

What a beautiful post - diolch o galon, Mari… :slight_smile: :heart: :star2:

1 Like

I’ve been through lesson 3 but unfortunately i did fall down this week and banged my head so may be even slower this week. However fairly confident that I’ve mostly understood the lesson just had a little problem remembering the longer sentences.

That’s absolutely normal! They’re meant to take you beyond your limits - please don’t fall into the trap of thinking you need to repeat the session until you can deal with all the longer sentences… :slight_smile:

As a low calorie equivalent just using odds and seeing the smile of a Welsh person, is a reward and encouragement! Yes I have been brave, often it just came out, and that after 8 weeks on the 6mins course!!! “Our” Aran is quite a “hero” in his home town, even my boiler man recommended this course, a bit too late…:wink:

5 Likes