Android app testers for bug fixes required

There is nothing marked ‘Introduction’ showing in the App (South), so it’s a bit confusing when the first Challenge 1 starts with Iestyn saying “If you haven’t listened to the introduction please do that before starting this challenge”. Then the second ‘Challenge 1’ is Aran giving the introduction, so there doesn’t appear to be a southern version.

We have identified the issue and the intro should appear with the correct title and in the right place fairly soon!

2 Likes

I signed up to become an app tester but haven’t been able to update the app. When I press the update button in the app it says could not refresh member only content. Although I have just had a thought that this might relate more to level2 and 3 lessons.
There isn’t an update option on my app settings. Any idea?

This is likely because you need to enter your password again (on the settings page).

App settings? In the play store?

You could try what @Deborah-SSi did

YES!! I’ve done it! I had to go into the Playstore on my PC, select the SSiW app, and tell it to install again. Even though it was showing 1.0.11 in the Playstore it ran an update and I now have 1.0.14 showing on my tablet. What a painful business!

I think what she means is that she visited the app’s page using a web browser and then clicked on the button that says “Installed”. This brings up a popup that allows you to install the app again, even though it’s already on your phone.

Go here to give it a try!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.saysomethingin.welsh.app1&hl=en

1 Like

Yes, that’s right - I went into the Playstore on my PC and reinstalled it from there. It let me install on both my Android phone and my tablet from there.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone has helped beta test this latest version. I just pushed the big red button, meaning that the test version will shortly be available to everyone.

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

Da iawn! Diolch!

I’ve encountered strange situation yesterday and today while doing listening practices via my tablet. Strangly the listening practice ended just some seconds before it should really be finished, in the middle of the text. Clicking somewhere at the end again (after the point where it “broke”) the outro was played so I knew there is a whole file and something else must be wrong. I’ve clicked somewhere at the point near before when (where) the audio stopped previously and it played on till the end now. So I presume it’s not so big issue but I’m just reporting it, just in case.

The file which “broke” today was the new set of Listening practices of Course 2

1 Like

Thanks for me letting me know. If anyone else experiences this, or any other issue, please let me know!

Since the listening practice ends with the music it must be a whole file. So the two most likely causes:

1. Some other app on your phone requested to play audio, and then didn’t. (Otherwise you’d have heard it).
  2. There was a glitch when reading the file

Was your phone busy doing other things at the same time? e.g. downloading other things, or an app like dropbox busy uploading files? What are all those icons in the notification bar? The ones with the arrow pointing down.

1 Like

Ah, no. The screenshot was made later only to show you which Practice causes error. At the time I’ve listened to it nothing was in place just maybe occassional notice about FB, twitter, Clecs or gmail.

The file played fine until to that point and then abruptly stopped. When going a bit back it stopped at the same point again but if I moved a bit further the last sentence and music played as normally. Then on, finding out ttha nothing is missing in the file I played form the point where it was interrupted before and it played until the very end then.

Today I had another listening session (listening to the file above one shown on the screen) and it all played normally though so It might be my tablet causing problems anyway. Will pay attention to further listenings and what happens with them.

1 Like

It does sound as though it was having trouble reading the file out of storage - or a bit of the file.

Can you try playing the failing listening practice from the start, and letting it run to the end?

1 Like

Yup. Will edit this post when it finishes.

EDIT

Well I presume this could be somehing in my tablet. I’ve played the lesson all the way to the end with screen on but when I tried it second time with the screen off (I always put it off if I don’t need it and it always played nicely until now) it ended at exactly the same point as it did when I reported an issue. In the mean time at both occassions one gmail and one FB notice came in but when screen was on the lesson played to the end and when I turned screen off it was cut off at previously said point.

I tried to check what my phone “says” about it but appearantly one really can’t be logged in with two devices at the same time. Will log off on tablet and log in on phone then play it again to see what happens there.

EDIT 1
Owow, now I’m stuck. It seams one can not log out from the app. There’s no Log out option anywhere so I can’t refresh files on my phone to see if the same situation occurs when playing the same lesson as on tablet. I don’t recall there would be any loged on two devices problem before not even in the beta times. What could go wrong (if it is anything wrong at all of course)?

1 Like

What you need to do is to log in again on your phone. This will have the effect of signing you out on the tablet.

It would be worth deleting the file and then downloading it again. It’s possible that the lesson simply didn’t download cleanly

1 Like

Yup, this worked well.

The file played on the phone just fine even if screen was off. Will try to re-download file on tablet and play it agan, but I think already you’re right and file just didn’t download properly.

1 Like

A new version (1.0.15) has been released to beta. There are no major changes, just some minor bug fixes.

If you are signed up to the beta version you should receive the update shortly. Please simply use the app as normal, and if you have any problems, let me know here.

Diolch yn fawr

3 Likes

Hi, I cant get it to download any lessons. Can you help me please? Daryl

Do you have test version or that one which is officially online already?

I want to know this because the answer will tell me what to advise you further.

1 Like

Here’s the first thing go check, @daryowen - if you are using your phone, and you don’t have wifi on, check in the settings to see if “download via Wi-Fi only” is checked. I had the same problem (because I rarely have my phone’s wifi turned on). Once I un-checked that, it worked fine.

1 Like

A new version (1.0.16) has been released to beta. There are no major changes, just some minor bug fixes, specifically:

• Improved error message when session has expired
  • Better support for the Growth Club
  • Improved support for the “Download only over WiFi” Settings option

If you are signed up to the beta version you should receive the update shortly. Please simply use the app as normal, and if you have any problems, let me know here.

Diolch yn fawr

1 Like

I’ts everything OK. The numbers of Growth content are displayed and accessible from both regions.

So, from my side, all tested and working properly.

2 Likes