Android phone users - new SSiW app now available!

Ooo, Gee … I forgot this one. Yes, now I remember I had to listen to Northern version of it. Funny enough, all what I had in mind was that it’s double speed and that once listening to it I actually could understand quite some. All the rest got out of my brains. :slight_smile:

Thank you to remind me.

OK, one more, maybe not so bright question: If I have choosen South Level 1 on the ap once is there any chance to switch to Northern just to be able to download this after Challenge 10 listening practice? I’ve searched for this option but I didn’t find it. Well, I could go to the site through the Chrome and download it this way, but I wanted to have everything in the ap though.

And, previously I’ve read in one post that ap doesn’t have pause button. It has it though (just if it comes handy to someone).

Thx.

It’s been well hidden…

It’s available from the Settings screen. To get there:

• if your phone has a menu button press that and you should see a list of menu options
  • if it doesn’t then touch the three little dots (to the right of the refresh button) to bring up the menu

Choose the Settings option and from there click on the Region option to change it.

You can switch between regions as much as you like.

1 Like

Haha! I really am stupid! I thought ap wants me to specify my region (where I reside or something). It really is well hidden then. I didn’t even touch that “region” section at all although it was strange to me why here my residing place would be important at all.

Oh, oh … :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot.

Morning, I wondered if I can ask another silly question about the app please? How do I get the new level 1 listening challenges to appear on my phone?
I can see the first one but not the one after 10/15/20/25.
Thanks

Hi Jenny

Are you following the Southern course?

At the moment only the first listening practice is available for South (I don’t think the later ones have been recorded yet)

James

1 Like

Hi James, yes I am doing south but it says that the north practices are still useful so I was going to put those on my phone as well.
But it doesn’t matter as I have just been using the computer to listen to them - good excuse not to be doing chores (I often wander round doing the washing etc while shouting at my phone!)

1 Like

If you go to the Settings menu you can change your Region to North and then download and play the North versions of lessons. You can switch between regions as much as you like.

Sorry it’s a bit of a pain, but the app was written before the new courses and the new way of arranging lessons.

I’d be interested to hear if many people make use of switching between North and South, or would like to, if it were easier. It will help me understand where best to focus our limited app development resource.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I switched from South to North in Level1, but that was because of the temporary lack of South lessons for the rest of the level. I suspect that genuine switching-back-and-fore-by-choice would not be a frequent thing.

1 Like

Diolch will do that
Jenny

Hi Joanie

Have finally figured out what the issue is.

It only happens the very first time you play a lesson after the app starts from scratch (so after you restart your phone or kill the app via a task manager) and play the current lesson using the Play button at the bottom of the lesson list without loading it up using the view lesson screen first.

So long as you load up the view lesson screen at least once the issue goes away until the app is restarted.

James

1 Like

The Android world is terra incognita to me. If I am telling someone how to find the app, what do I say? In the phrase 'Go to X and search for Y," what are X and Y?

X = Google Play
Y = SSIW

2 Likes

Hey, number 1 for SSIW in google play!

3 Likes

Excellent, diolch!

If you just want the link, it’s https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.saysomethingin.welsh.app1

3 Likes

Just a quick warning: If you tend to write a review (if you didn’t do that yet) and you’re using latest (beta) version, you won’t be able to do so. You’ll just have to wait until current beta is released to the public or get back to current public version.

(this is what I’ve just experienced wanting to write a review. Google rules obviously).

2 Likes

I cant get mine to download any lessons. Did you get yours to work please? Daryl

Daryl - you don’t need to ask questions in two places. Most people read all of them. I answered you in the other, but just to make it easy I’ll answer it here, too. I had the same problem with my phone at first. Do you keep your phone’s wifi turned off (like I do)? If so, check in the settings to see if “Download via Wi-Fi only” is checked. If it is, uncheck it and it will probably work fine.

1 Like

Yes, the replies went lost eventually since you’ve posted in several topics. I’ve answered with the same thing as @Sionned did in Android app thread. I’ve also put you a question about the apps in Android app testers for bug fixes required which was because I thought you’ve got yourself a test version of app which works a bit different regarding permition of downloading the lessons but since I somehow think you don’t have that tester app, you might ignore my question there.

I hope you’ve solved the problem in the mean time if not @theblacksparrow would be the right person to help since he’s making SSi apps for Android.

Pob lwc.

1 Like