Booking: Tresaith Bootcamp July 2015

If you click on the name and choose “Private message” in the window which pops up you’ll be able to send one. :slight_smile:

Happy mesaging. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks / diolch!

Jon

1 Like

OK - only just catching up with this, but Boocamps are just like the rest of the course - don’t worry!

Really - I’m fairly flexible on the starting time of bootcamp, though the later we start the introductions, the later we have dinner, which has all sorts of knock on effects (not least of which is me having to put kids in bed instead of eating with bootcampers etc). But balanced against bootcampers taking risks to get there on time, or getting fraught with trains and meetings, rather than arriving relaxed and ready to have fun, well, I’d far rather start late!

So, of course, do try to get there on time, but if you have to be late, then just let me know! This, of course, goes for everyone, although you will have to have as good a reason as Bie!

3 Likes

Iestyn, what is the exact address of the Tresaith Bootcamp?

Joan,

If this is for navigation purposes, this posting of Hewrop’s might be useful:

The following post by Dinas gives the postcode of the pub, which is quite near.

Hwyl,
Mike

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr iawn!

Just a quick reminder for anyone coming from outside of the EU - your coming on holiday (which you are) and not to study as it can course problems at immigration: like no entry.

3 Likes

Iestyn, I don’t know if you received my message earlier, but I was unable to bring bedding with me. Any chance this could be provided?

Sorry Joan - I saw it a couple of hours ago, but yes, I’ll bring you a duvet and sheets etc!

Are you ok for towels?

Iestyn

Diolch yn fawr😀 could use one bath towel… I’ve brought a small one with me. Faelu aros nawr!

1 Like

Had a fantastic time on July Bootcamp. The activities were first class as usual and many thanks to Iestyn and Cat for everything. Highlights for me were … practising ‘cig oen’ (Qi Gong) with the famous Pol, meeting Tommo in Tesco’s Aberteifi, the ‘computer says no’ bookshop in Llandysul, meeting an ancient Celt in a real celtic camp, learning to juggle with rice filled ballons (that we made), the Noson Llawen especially Jon and Brian’s compositions, the ‘cadeirio’ procession through Aberteifi (complete with flags, tin whistles, accordeon and bushsaw) and crowning of our own SSIW Bard Joan. etc and etc. After the week in Bootcamp, me and Brigitte went on the the eisteddfod in Meifod, It was great fun we arrived the same time as Nia Parry who parked next to us with her entourage of S4 people. We had a nice chat as we walked to the ground. Later Me and Brigitte went to visit Hedd Wyn’s farm ‘yr Ysgwrn’ where we got a private tour by Hedd’s nephew. On last evening (in Bala) got Brigitte to play cards with the regulars in Plas Coch pub. Neis iawn.

4 Likes

Hi John @maynard ,

Your great summary has brought it all back. Amazing how much we all did in a few days. I also thought the visit to the church in the former Italian POW camp was fascinating and really moving with all those stories from the wartime. The bootcamp was such a fantastic experience and such a great group of people. Sounds like you had ‘lot o hwyl’ at the Eisteddfod too. I’d really like to go “Yr Ysgwrn” sometime. Hope to catch up with you again soon. Perhaps for a game of Scrabble Cymraeg (with or without mutations!!)? I think I also just about learnt the rules of Uno by the end of the week - thanks for your patience with me on that!

1 Like

Jon, promised you the pic of us with Tommo, Talking of Scrabble, Jonsais holds an annual scrabble competition in Derby. Maybe if we practiced that trophy could be ours. I’ve been to Yr Ysgwrn twice now and is fascinating. There’s a new roof going on at the moment as the government is spending a bit of money on the place. It’s as it was when the Bardd lived there. i’ll send you an email soon, trying to download your pics from your e mail at present.

3 Likes

Thanks for the photo, John. Much better than the one I had - I will treasure it! Let me know if you have any trouble with the link to the photos I sent. And yes let’s see if we can have a go at that Scrabble Cymraeg trophy. Look forward to hearing from you soon. Hwyl!

For anyone who liked the look of the Rock Mill, and thought that wouldn’t it be a perfect spot to spend some time…you can stay in their loft!

2 Likes

Looks very comfortable. I usually camp , but hey

Yes indeed, it was a brilliant week although I’m sorry I had to rush off on the Friday evening, leaving the rest of you to do the cleaning up. However it was well worth it from my point of view to be able to see my son before he had to go back to Canada on the Sunday, leaving his children behind to be entertained for a couple of weeks.

Having now recovered from that, I have had time to think back over the action packed week and how varied was the mix of characters and backgrounds of the people who were there and who all joined in so well to make it such a success.

My abiding memory will be of the “Eisteddfod” procession through the town, with musical accompaniment, much to the mystification of the onlookers, and then the ceremony at the Gorsedd Circle. Don’t you dare put that video on Utube Joan!! (smile) I can remember thinking "if anyone I know were to be here today and see what I’m doing, they wouldn’t believe it " If you get to see this, thank you also to Rhian for a truly surreal experience.

The other brilliant event was the" noson canu" in the pub. I don’t think I’ve enjoyed anything as much for years; there was a great deal of “hiraeth” involved on my part. Thanks to Rhian and Iestyn for this too.

I must also thank Cat (hope your back is on the mend) and the little ones for helping us get through the week of “Dim Saesneg o’r gwbwl” I must say though that I felt suitably chastened when Gwenllian put me straight when I called her “bach” “Dwi ddim yn bach!” she said firmly.

Thank you Iestyn for everything else you organised for us. I’m not sure that either “Qui Gong” or the attempt to teach us to play the ukulele (fruitless from my point of view) would have been obvious choices of things to do on holiday but both were worth a try.

So then, to sum up, it was a great week, with great people, doing interesting things in a very beautiful part of Wales. Who could ask for more. Will I be back? I hope so.

2 Likes

I’ll never forget leading the way with a bow-saw in substitute for a sword. :smile: It was great meeting you and everyone else…That new-age women joining us was fantastic as well…Heddwch!!!

3 Likes

Thought I’d mention that I’ve started a new thread on events at the bootcamp so that comments like those above could be more easily found if anyone’s interested in contributing. The thread is called July 2015 feedback

2 Likes

Here’s the link July 2015 bootcamp feedback.

1 Like