Date announced. (unofficial) mini bootcamp. 17/03 - 19/03 now closed - place available!

Usually who’s that strange hwntw who speaks gog :wink:

1 Like

Gyda accent Port Talbot!!

1 Like

I suspect most of us still do that.

Cheers J.P.

2 Likes

Yes, I haven’t tried the Skype route and at the moment I’m sure that my brain would freeze on there as well! but then again, I’m not far off bottling a plum wine that’s been gently maturing for a few months, maybe a sip of that will unlock the flow of the lingo!

Yes, I think that it’s exactly whats needed now,

All, i have a place available £40.

Sadly you’ll have to share with me in bunk beds. With everyone else getting double or king sized beds i’ve taken the liberty of knocking a tenner off.

Included are breakfast and dinner.

Current itinerary

Friday get together meal followed by scrabble or gair am air
Saturday am after breakfast walk to beach and island off newborough
Saturday pm rugby in local pub
Saturday evening dinner
Sun morning breakfast, trip to rownd a rownd set. Coffee somewhere

Dates friday march 17 to sun march 19. location malltraeth.

Pm me if intetested.

2 Likes

You should celebrate St Patrick’s day on 17th! Have fun!

1 Like

Bump. One place still available.

Come to Ynys Môn. Eat Pasta. Drink wine. Play gair am air. Sing songs. Eat a hearty welsh breakfast. Visit Ynys Llanddwyn. Make Welsh cakes. Watch the six nations. Drink beer. Play scrabble. Eat lamb. Drink wine. Eat another breakfast. Visit the ‘rownd a rownd’ set. Drink coffee.

And all for £40!!!

Oh. And most importantly…

SPEAK WELSH.

Edit…now includes a talk about the finds from Llyn Cerrig Bach by Elfyn Owen-Jones whose father discovered the artifacts. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

All ready to take the plunge into mini bootcamp.
I’ve managed to arrange things so that I can leave a bit earlier and will hopefully get a chance to do a bit of sketching/exploring/photographing on the way so I’m aiming to take a good 6 hours to get from Glyn Ceiriog to Ynys Mon!
My only issue at the moment is the cough/sore throat combo that has been my constant companion for the last week is still refusing to fully shift, so if I still sound a touch like Barry White tomorrow evening, that’s not normal for me!
It been great to have this weekend as a target to work towards, I’ve worked pretty hard over the last couple of weeks at level 2, so now it’s time to see if it comes out making sense and in approximately the correct order! Cymraeg unleased!
I’ll be bringing some of my home-cured bacon, not smoked as I have to rebuild my smoker, and a few other bits, but if there’s anything else thats needed let me know.
Looking forward to it.

2 Likes

We can have a Bari Gwyn soundalike competition!

2 Likes

On Challenge 13 of Level 1 now, this sounds great for summer/autumn if the chance comes up then.

Howard, if you give me an idea of a good date sometime in August I’ll get planning now.

1 Like

Hi Pete
Gwych!
It would need to be in September/October for me. Does that still work? I will need to have a domestic consultation soon to come up with exact dates!
There is a 5 day intensive coming up later in the year that aran is planning. Not sure when that is happening but hoping it doesn’t coincide, the weekend would certainly be more affordable. No matter what, if I definitely commit to something, I will do it!

Pete
These are the weekends I could do at the moment, plus a Friday amd Monday either side, i hope these could work!
26/27 August
2/3 Sept
9/10 Sept
30Sept/1st Oct
7/8 Oct
14/15 Oct

Diolch
Howard

1 Like

I’ll start looking :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cheers! I’m sure my friend who lives in Nefyn would come and visit/meet with us to come and speak some Gogledd!

Ok…i’ve found a cottage with 5 singles and a double that is available 6-8 october (fri -sun).

If 6 people attend i can do it for £42 pp inc 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts.

If a couple attend making 7 in all i can do it for £37 pp.

I’ll put this up as a gauge of interest to begin with. If we get 6 declaring an interest i will book it. (It’s refundable).

1 Like

@Howard. You’ll have a great time.

2 Likes

Definitely. I’ll have a single room please! Let me know when you need some deposit please.

Errr no single rooms available…single in a twin or three

Sorry didn’t mention it above, details are in main thread