Finished Level 1, and want to start the 6 month course?

Hi I have just completed Level 1, and would like to sign up to the 6 month course. How would this work? Will I be going over old material or would I move forward slightly? What time is the video call on a Thursday? I have a little one so would need to work around bedtime etc?
Diolch

Hello, I’ll let others answer on the suitability of the course for you. However there are video calls every Tuesday and Thursday. The part between 6pm and 7pm is a general question and answer/discussion, carried out in English, followed by a chance to practise speaking Cymraeg, between 7pm and 8pm. I believe group video calls are also starting some weekday afternoons. You can watch all previous video calls at the following link.

1 Like

tagging @aran for you - he’ll be able to go through everything with you, but in the meantime you might find some of the answers on this thread useful: Announcing: our new ‘6 Month Welsh Speaker’ course

1 Like

MMmm… that’s the trickiest place of all to be! The first 3 months of the course would involve revisiting the whole of Level 1 (which may be no bad thing) with a bunch of other tasks (based on what we make people do in the intensive 5 or 10 day residentials) thrown in…

I’d say it depends largely on how you’re feeling. If you feel that you’re galloping ahead, and using your Welsh as often as possible, then you’d probably be best off carrying on with Level 2 on your own, and joining Welsh Speaking Practice: www.saysomethingin.com/wsp

If you feel that it’s still hard to get it from you brain out of your mouth, and you’re not doing much listening work, then you might find that the 6 month course brings it all together for you, despite what would feel like a bit of a slow start… :slight_smile:

Ok diolch! I will continue with Level 2.

2 Likes