Lingo Newydd Article / Erthygl lingo Newydd

I posted the message below on the Bootcamp thread.
Since then, @Iestyn has secured Lingo Newydd’s blessing to publish my scan of the Tresaith Bootcamper Article more widely on this forum so here’s the link. (Warning - my scan is quite big 20+ MB)
Lingo Newydd Bootcamp Article Enjoy / Mwynhewch :smile:

8 Likes

Gwych! Diolch, Huw!

That’s brilliant! For the uninitiated - the green text is for advanced learners, the blue box is for early learners. This is the Lingo way, to give everyone a go at reading, and it is very effective.

A note for SSiWers - reading isn;t something you come across in SSiW (as if you dodn;t know…!), so it may seem like a total mystery to you. However, once you’ve sussed (or googled) the basic rules, reading Welsh is very simple. So, don;t rush in if you are in the early stages (Course 1 or so), but once you’re getting comfortabel with the way Welsh works, the Lingo is a very good way of starting to break your way into Welsh written material.

You can subscribe to Lingo (dead tree version) at the Golwg 360 site, or you can download the app in Apple and Android versions.

And before anyone asks - no we don;t get a commission, it’s just a very good resource for you once you’re ready for it!

3 Likes

I will check later the app but I hope subscription is now already available via it. When I checked last (well, to be honest it was way before bootcamp) the subscription via app was not possible (yet). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just got the Hydref/Tachwedd edition, my first. As a beginner I’m pleasantly surprised by the sheer volume of resources available for learning Cymraeg. One other excellent aspect of the electronic version is the inclusion of audio renditions of every article. Really helps.

PS Da iawn @tatjana!

2 Likes

Diolch.

Woooo I didn’t know that! Didn’t check in the app yet. Now it’s the time to do so I believe. Thank you.

2 Likes

I find this feature great! And they even say my name just right. :slight_smile:

But does someone experience the same problem I do. Every time audio finishes playing the app freezes and I have to force to close it. Is it just me or there are more of us with this experience. if there are more I’ll try to contact the App provider to let them know it happens if not then it’s just that my tablet is already out of memory. (too many apps already on it … :smile:)

O, yes, and I’ve just bought the Hydref/Tachwedd issue … Hmmm, who’s that woman who was interviewed first. I don’t know her at all. - HAHA!

2 Likes

I met one of the people who writes for Lingo Newydd in Aber yesterday. She talked about how it’s really valued as part of Golwg’s portfolio of magazines and how challenging it is to put together with the different levels of language. Each of the levels need to say different things in order that more proficient readers can work their way through without repetition, but the more basic text still needs to give enough information to make it a worthwhile and informative read.
One day a week she dedicates to the magazine, with two days working on Golwg and two days writing news items for Golwg360.

10 Likes