Next Aussie Skype chat

Helo Pawb!

Our next Aussie Skype chat is: Thursday 4th June 8.30 pm AEST. Let me know if you want to be included in the call.

See you there!

1 Like

Helo Liz

Unfortunately I’m finding it difficult to join in the Skype chat over the winter; the difference in the time zones means I’ve usually just walked in after work and still have dinner to prepare. I was wondering if anyone from the group might like to share video ‘post cards’ with me. I thought if I record myself briefly talking and asking a question any number of people could respond in a similar way. It might provide others with another opportunity for speaking and listening in between the monthly Skype. Perhaps you could ask on my behalf and let me know if anyone is interested and we could work the details out from there.

Diolch
Wendy

1 Like

S’mae Liz. Mae diddordeb gen i mewn sgwrsio nos Iau.

Hwyl

Guy

I would like to join in the Skype chat at 8:30 pm Thursday if possible. My Skype name is ‘glyndwr6’.
Allan Bailey

Gwych! I have added you.

Wela i ti yno.

Helo Wendy,

I’m sorry about the time. It is hard with the time difference between the eastern states and WA. Can I send your email request round to the group?

Interesting idea Wendy, I’d like to give it a try!

Ydwy gallu ymuno y sgwrs y tro nesa? Fy enw skype ydy mandyskypeskype. Dwi’n byw yn canberra

Okay Louis, let’s give this a go an see how it works :slight_smile: I’ll make a short recording and see if I can send it to you through the forum … watch this space

1 Like

I think it is possible to send recorded messages on Skype.

1 Like

Here is some help info about that:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12250/how-do-i-send-and-receive-files-using-skype-for-modern-windows

(I think it’s a few years old, so I don’t know if it’s still valid).

(I’m in the wrong time zone (by some distance…) for your Aussie Skype chat, but am interested in the technicalities of group convos in Skype, so watching your developments with interest :slight_smile: ).

Yes I think you can, I’ve certainly shared other documents through Skype. Anyway, I’ve sent Louis my recording to his email address; I thought it would be quicker in the end.

I think we should wait now until Lois and I have ironed out any wrinkles. I found preparing the ‘postcard’ a very different experience because not only did I want to say something I also wanted it to be engaging for Louis as my recipient. I hope he doesn’t think I’ve gone ‘over the top’ but I have used Microsoft PowerPoint to add images and then used Screencast-o-matic to record the presentation and my voice over. Hopefully Louis shouldn’t have too much difficulty receiving and opening the file, but I do wonder if he will be able to make sense of some of my dodgy Welsh. I found that I had to research a few words to be able to say what I wanted to say (but I’ve never heard them spoken).

I must have received the wrong postcard. The one I received was in perfect Welsh and which I found very easy to understand! I did record a reply which I hope reached you, I fear it may have been too large an attachment as I did not edit it at all

I’ve just sent you another :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Liz

Following on from my earlier comment, I would be thrilled if you would ask other members of the group if they would like to record and share conversations with me. The exchange method still isn’t perfect but I can see that this modern take on ‘pen friends’ will be beneficial to my language development, and hopefully to that of others too.

Many thanks
Wendy :smile